Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Olympics Slopestyle final

Poster: A snowHead
A brilliant Saturday morning watch in bed, some questionable judging at times, unsure what they were looking for with some of the other competitors' runs (which not to discredit our boys, but were frankly immaculate!). Commentary from the boys made it brilliant, classic comments going on. Twitter amusing to watch. Such a shame Jamie Nichols and Billy Morgan didn't make podium but top ten is a really incredible result for them both. Hope the positive response from the British public drives some more funding into snowsports in the UK just through the impact of that first event
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Epic stuff from all involved.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great stuff to watch Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very impressive stuff. Shame the Brit's didn't get a medal, it would have been good to see Yorkshire high up in the table again Happy

Hazel Irvine is clearly unfamiliar with the term "huck" - I assume that's why she felt obliged to apologise for the language? I didn't hear any actual rude words in the interview.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My favourite comments.... :

Something about "He's like Buzz Aldrin. He loves a clean landing!

"Riding switch is like writing left handed whilst being attacked by a flock of seagulls wearing a chip hat"

Push of shame..... Liquid snowboarding.... LOLZ!

Oh.... Couldn't forget to mention loved the person knitting at top of slope. Pleased as now it can officially become cool to knit!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sat 8-02-14 11:59; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Watched it on OSPN - the commentator didn't seem to know any of the technical terms - never mind huck !! Great pics - lousy commentator.
Great effort from the lads - well done.

NB no Ruskies in the event - don't think the boarder life style goes well with Putin and his gang. wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sah wrote:

Hazel Irvine is clearly unfamiliar with the term "huck" - I assume that's why she felt obliged to apologise for the language? I didn't hear any actual rude words in the interview.

Yeah, I was really confused when she apologised to viewers - he didn't swear at all!

Awesome morning of slopestyle -looking forward to tomorrow's downhill (come on Bode!) followed by the women's slopestyle Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FiFi_Trixibell, all your fave bits were my fave bits lol
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some of the most extreme knitting I've seen all season!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haha! Definitely true on the knitting front... Must have had flippin cold fingers!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markmcn wrote:
Some of the most extreme knitting I've seen all season!!
Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No knitting on the slopestyle today unfortunately, but an incredible result for Jennie! I was in tears watching her interviewed at the end meeting her parents, so sweet.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It was a good result indeed Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Great that Jennie Jones got an Olympic Bronze but I still feel that Alain Baxter's Slalom Bronze Medal was GB's first Olympic Medal on snow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_Baxter
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I really hope Jennie didn't use any Vicks!! I always feel for Alain Baxter.. so unfortunate. I'm pretty sure everyone learned from the mistake he made though.
snow report
Dubaian wrote:

NB no Ruskies in the event - don't think the boarder life style goes well with Putin and his gang. wink

especially not if your cheryl maas Laughing
snow conditions
Amazing if this was an alpine event either Dave Ryding or Chemmy or Kemmy as sky news are calling her this am rolling eyes There would be a q of posters talking about how amazing and wondefull it is but it appears that is not the case with Jenny who is an incredible athlete and a super sweet person! Go figure!!
latest report
Fattes13, Boresurfin started a slopestyle-themed insurance thread and there is a slopestyle-themed helmet thread. we just need a "how to pack my slopestyle kit within Easyjet baggage restrictions" thread and there will be a full house. what more can you ask for?! wink
latest report
"whats the best helmet for slopestyle"?

good comments from whitelines this afternoon about the people complaining about the commentry:

"There have apparently been over 300 complaints filed so far, including such comments as “snowboarding commentators are nothing more than hysterical idiots,” and “the commentators on @BBCSport Winter Olympics are embarrassing.”

Boo hoo. We at Whitelines would like to go on record to say that the commentary from these guys was part of what made the Olympic slopestyle so special for us; not only did the world get to see one of the best displays of snowboarding ever to go down but they got to experience it with the appropriate soundtrack.

Loose, chaotic and shrill it was at times, but simultaneously it was hilarious and totally appropriate for the event. There were some classic – and by now well repeated – quotes from the guys, including gems like, ”She’s got a face that could help bread rise“, “Riding switch is like writing left-handed while wearing a chip hat and being attacked by seagulls,” and ”I can feel my pulse in my lower intestine,” followed by “That’s not your pulse Leigh.”

If people thought it was biased, it was, but only because the commentary team are long time friends and supporters of Jenny Jones & Co and were overwhelmed by her achievement on the biggest stage for snowboarding yet.

Thankfully the other 3 billion people watching the show were a bit less grumpy and seemed to love it; surely it was a small minority that felt the need to whinge, the same kind of person that shouts at skateboarders and steals footballs from children.

Anyway, we hope that the moaners will one day get the chance to strap on a snowboard and see how fun it is; the slopestyle commentary was spot on and a great introduction of ‘real’ snowboarding to the world. Bring on the halfpipe!"
ski holidays
Arno, Perhaps a little recognition of the ladies achievements and contribution to her sport but I guess I will have to settle for the other stuff!!!
latest report
eddiethebus, Yep, think I'd have got a bit excited as well if one of my mates was heading for an Olympic medal and Aimee's commentary made it all the better for me! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/winter-olympics/26115733
latest report
I thought the commentary was funny but not in a bad way and they didn't detract from the comp in any way. They were a tad baised but did keep trying to correct themselves. And they did point out that Jenny had made a tactical decision to get a good clean run in and hope for the best....

All I could say when I read the BBC news earlier .... wouldn't get past the profanity filter. I don't think points-of-view style whingers are really slopestyles target audience...

The one bit of commentary I thought was OTT when Ed Leigh had a right blast at Seamus O'Connor in the qualifiers - second rate american scrabbling round for some ancestry was his analysis. Hardly fair of a young kid with an Irish dad, admittedly competing for Ireland as he wouldn't make the US team.
snow report
I loved the commentary, perfect for the slopestyle and very engaging I thought.

Quote:

Ed Leigh had a right blast at Seamus O'Connor in the qualifiers - second rate american scrabbling round for some ancestry was his analysis. Hardly fair of a young kid with an Irish dad, admittedly competing for Ireland as he wouldn't make the US team.

To be fair, his dad went on a massive campaign to get him competing for Ireland about 10 years ago so before the boy would have had any choice in the matter. Still, I don't think there is anything wrong per se with going the ancestry route if you can't compete for your home country. Especially when you aren't even taking a spot away from someone in your ancestry country.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy