Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hiring skis guide

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,
We are off to Les Gets next week and I was wondering about ski hire. We have booked 5* teen skis from intersport through alpineresorts. I am 167-170cm land 55-58kg at 15. My ability is probably around intermediate- I was comfortable skiing most blacks unless they were particularly icy. I have in the past done a little off piste off the side of the pistes but hopefully conditions allowing will be doing a little more. I have never skied powder before however. It looks like from the website the skis I would be getting will be Rossignol Persuit Elites or Firefly Prospects. It does say in the description Dynstar Outland's, which would be ideal, however there are no pictures of them so I am unsure. My question is, would something like the Persuit Elites be okay for me in a small amount of powder and off piste as I am light? I suspect we will be about 70-80% on piste, 20-30% off.
Thanks
Jack
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh I don't know, you ask way more questions than me. I used to do off piste on the same long straight skis as I did piste work, so off piste was so much easier. The thing is most skis will do both, just if you are a full time off piste ski fan then get different skis. For a weeks skiing I just book five star advanced ski, if it doesn't work out, I go back and change them. ( well I don't, but I would) I have skis in the attic only used twice, but hiring skis is so much better, you can change every day if you want, and no paying to bring your skis, plus no waxing, or minding........ hell I love it. I had fab skis this year, they adapted so well..
I do long to put on my old long skis again and do my stick my legs together type skiing, but they were a pain to carry.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okay hopefully I should be okay then Smile I assume around a 75mm waist will be about right for me off piste?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JackSkier : 75mm waist will be fine for off piste on the side if you are planning to do mostly on piste skiing . You could also go wider but whenever you want a ski to do different things there is always a compromise i.e. the wider the ski
the better off piste but harder on piste. Personally I would ask the advice of the locals in the ski hire shop when you get there . Try the skis they recommend day one and see how you get on with them on and off piste and change them if you are not
happy.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Okay thanks for you help guys Smile thats good, do you normally get the skis they say online or is it a rough guide?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JackSkier, i would take the ski on offer with a pinch of salt. IME you are paying for a 'value' of si and you then have the choice in the shop of what ski is in that 'value bracket'. I am sure if you started with a piste ski and ater wanted a wider one the shop would help you out.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy