Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tell me about Abondance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all after spending a weekend in Morzine last week and having such a good time me and my partner are keen to get another weekend under our belt as we enjoyed it so much! I have looked on all the main sites ie morznet chalets direct ect and can't find anything for the weekend we require (7 March to 10 March)
However booking.come have a cheap hotel in Abondance close to the "gondola"
Has anybody been? What's it like? Is it easy to get to from Geneva?
If anyone has any info that would be great
Thanks all in advance
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kabby, Never skied there but know people who live there and have driven through loads, it's a nice looking town with enough bars and restaurants and general amenities. Very easy drive from Geneva, under an hour. My understanding is that it is fairly small, very quiet and a bit of a gem. I will get down there at some point. Just to be aware though to avoid confusion that Abondance is one place with its own stand alone ski area not connected to any other. La Chapelle d'Abondance is another place further up the valley again with its own ski area one part of which is stand alone and one part which links into the PDS circuit via Switz. There has been confusion over this before on here. So if you were wanting to ski the PDS circuit then Abondance is not the place to be. You would need to drive or get the bus further up the valley for the links. That said I think it might be a nice spot for a weekend snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in Abondance for a long weekend. We mostly drove to Chapelle d'abondance for our evening meal, as Abondance was so quiet but there are a couple of eateries. The Abondance ski area wasn't operational at all when we went (4 years ago) so don't count on being able to do any skiing that doesn't involve a short drive somewhere. We drove to La Chapelle d'Abondance (no more than 5 mins) one day and skied to and around around Chatel. There was a large car park that was free for the whole day. Just be careful not to get stuck on the Swiss side at the end of the day otherwise it will be a very costly taxi back.We were running late so didn't take the chance and skied down to chatel and got the free bus back to the car park. That worked well. The second day we drove past Chatel to the end of the valley and skied Linga, Ardent and Avoriaz - Loads of skiing to be done here. This was about 30mins in the car and again there was a free car park for the whole day.

I would recommend it for a weekend. Our accommodation made it really cheap, but obviously less convenient than staying in other resorts.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 7-02-14 15:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Abondance is definitely open for skiing this season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all so much,I was getting this place mixed up with the other!!
The reason for going was access to the PDS so it won't be suitable
..thanks again all for the advice
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Abondance gives its name to an AOC cheese, a breed of cow, and a style of architecture. Not bad for a place with 1500 inhabitants! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I can recommend the cheese, you can almost taste the wild flowers.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
And a valley named Abondance. I plan to have a day (or half a day) there next month.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kabby wrote:
Thank you all so much,I was getting this place mixed up with the other!!
The reason for going was access to the PDS so it won't be suitable
..thanks again all for the advice

Lots of people think they are one and the same place, it's happened on here twice before recently. Good luck with wherever you choose snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy