Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth Get Together

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so I know this isn't technically in the right place, but I can't start a new topic in events.

I was wondering if any peeps here are at Tamworth on a Sunday night?? I'm always skiing there on my lonesome, and it would be cool to meet any of you guys or girls especially since I'm going to try and get to one of the bashes next season.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds good if we can pick a date (on a week I don't have the kids) I've got a load of bring a friend vouchers so can get people in at members rates.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oohh yes i forgot, i have 8 bring a friend vouchers with my partners membership, quite happy to dish them out as a bribe for people to be my friend for the night Razz
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could certainly twist my arm...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds good. Well I am there every Sunday night from 8-11 (quieter, the slops just been groomed and its cheaper) so pick a date and i'll be there
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
For me, I could do this Sunday (even better do it for free with my birthday voucher!) and alternate weeks after that.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ah and alas this sunday im in london. the following week beyond is great though
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in Austria this week snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lucky S*D!!! The boss wouldn't let me go this year, making up for it next year with two trips Happy

Where abouts are you off too?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem the voucher last till the end of the month! How does 23rd Feb sound as I'll have the kids a week on Sunday so can't make it.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good for me, I'll be up there 7 till 9 while wife has her first ski lesson Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will stick something on Powder Junkies as well to see if anyone wants to join us.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PaulC1984, well, seeing as it was me who inspired you to think about bashes the other day on your March 2015 thread, it'd be rude of me not to attend on the 23rd Smile I'm also a regular at Tamworth, as I'm only living down the road in Coventry. It'll also be good to see you again davkt, so count me in for social slide in a couple of weeks' time...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool, I'll be doing the 8-11 session as I get it for free with my birthday voucher!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sound i will see you there. Ill have a blue animal hoody on. Scubadancer are you a member or do you want a bring a freind for members rate pass?? Thanks for the heads up about the bashes, ill certainly be up for one next year!!
snow conditions
PaulC1984, I've not renewed my Tamworth membership, so I'd be happy to use one of your vouchers please, thanks. In return, I'll be pleased to impart tales of my experiences of the 3 snowHead bashes I've participated in, including last seasons' birthday one in Arabba which was a lot more successful than this year's outing Sad I'll have my red spyder jumper on at the snow dome, & aim to get there around 7.45pm ready to slide from 8pm - see you there Smile
ski holidays
Cool, ill PM you a voucher code so you can pre book!
snow report
I do not blame you going in the evening. I was in the shop on Sunday and the place was heaving. Car park full, ski slope very busy, bar choca block.
ski holidays
Its mad in the day. I went to do a Ski test last sunday morning (EB dont open at sensible times) and it was crazy. OK so I know the snow is not as good or as big as CFe, but at least it is groomed 3 times a day, so if you hit it after 8pm, its quiet and fresh! Having skied at CFe for 6 years, I am gladly returning to the snowdome!!
snow conditions
Yep in the season it is always mad daytime at the weekend particlularly with the junior clubs tearing round like the future Olympians some of them probably are! That said I've been there when the slope is at capacity and as long as you aren't doing stupid speeds or moves there is room to ski!
snow report
Have booked in for the 7-10 session on the 23rd as I need to be up reasonably early the next day so could do with been home before midnight! Will probably be wearing a bright red British Nordic softshell jacket and black trousers.
snow report
Bump - the weekend is nearly upon us - anyone else fancy joining up this Sunday evening? snowHead
ski holidays
Think we have Claire from Powderjunkies coming along as well. Emmeline say have fun but is still a way off being back on skis.
ski holidays
Anyone else want to join us? I've got a load of bring a friend vouchers so you can get in at members prices.
snow report
Can't afford it. Soz...
ski holidays
A good fun night, great to meet you PaulC1984 and see you again scubadancer. It was pretty much as quiet as I've seen Tamworth so chance to give the Inferno Races a good go and they are they great fun when you start to push them like they are designed for.

PaulC1984, is your wife hooked on skiing yet?
ski holidays
Oh and PaulC1984, had a look at the skis of the old chap in the one piece and the younger two skiing with him, all a bit odd, a foot or so shorter than you'd think was the right size for them (all skied well) and the bindings mounted way closer to the tails than looked right. No idea what they were other than strange!
ski holidays
Yes shes hooked lol. Not that she has any choice as once mini me is skiing, she will be left at home while we go away! Happy

He had very wierd skis with the edges going in on the tails at 45 degrees. Must be impossible to carve. Back there tonight for wifes second lesson. Her legs will be sore tomorrow Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yep, really couldn't figure out what they were!
Good luck to Mrs PaulC1984, she looked to be doing well last night
ski holidays
Yep, ditto davkt, and good to meet you PaulC1984, 'twas a good night and will look to get there a bit earlier next time - mark my words, the onepiece will be back with us and in our faces in great numbers shortly or else fashion has nowhere else to go wink
snow report
A retro one piece might just about be acceptable, but if you arrive rocking a chavy onezie my stomach might turn wink
snow report
PaulC1984, Though if anyone could get away with a fartbag it had to be that chap on Sunday night. In fact I think he would have looked odd in anything else! How any of that group didn't pass out through heat exhaustion I don't know, I was skiing with softshell jacket unzipped and just a tshirt under it and plenty warm enough. Oh and is Mrs Paul still hooked (and able to walk) after lesson two?
snow conditions
Yes shes done well, from the top of the slope half way through lesson two! and no she cant walk now lol Toofy Grin
snow report
Yep, that sounds about right for Tamworth, they don't muck around on the rope tow side too long. Good stuff, no stopping her now then. Time to buy her that helmet!
snow report
Lol, indeed, albeit a Ruroc indoors, whilst snow ploughing will look ridiculous lol!!
latest report
Yep somewhat! Though if you aren't wanting a divorce you can make her look a bit less daft in it by the looks of it http://www.ruroc.com/content/13-how-it-works
snow report
Toofy Grin
ski holidays
davkt wrote:
Yep somewhat! Though if you aren't wanting a divorce you can make her look a bit less daft in it by the looks of it http://www.ruroc.com/content/13-how-it-works

^^ "May the force be with you, and/or her" Toofy Grin
snow report
She always breathes heavy when the light sabre makes an appearance Toofy Grin
latest report
PaulC1984, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy