Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

16 year olds off to Les Arcs, cheapest ways?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Me and a couple of mates are planning a trip to Les Arcs, we will be 16 meaning we can fly...
We are thinking of staying here...
http://chaletarc.co.uk/
Getting there is the problem... anybody know of some cheap airport transfers, not to bothered about them being shared, hoping it costs less then £500 for the holiday..

Any help would be appreciated.... Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The main problem you will have is that a contract can only be entered into if you are 18 or over. As you are 16 this will be a difficult obstacle to overcome. Unfortunately the law is the law.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
UCPA youth programme? http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/students/ucpa-youth-program-%28under-18%27s%29
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm I know, and just had at the UCPA link, biy more of a cost but definitely looks good thanks guys
davkt, boredsurfin,
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ChinxSkis wrote:
Hmm I know, and just had at the UCPA link, biy more of a cost but definitely looks good thanks guys
davkt, boredsurfin,

but price will include kit hire, lift pass, food, instruction (to high/off-piste level)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£500 will be a very tight call. My back of envelope costs look like this:

Getting to UK airport about £20 per person, but could be a lot more.
Flight £150
Airport transfer £75
Apartment hire £100
lift pass £200
Insurance £20
Food £50.

Of course if you need lessons or kit hire this will add another £150 to the price but save on the airfare

Of course a lot depends on what deals you can find. I have seen catered chalets being offered for less than I can find a flight and transfer

Back to the original question:

From Chambery airport the cheapest way is to get a shared taxi to the the station and then the train to Bourg st. Maurice; from Lyon, get teh shuttle bus to the railway station in town then the train. From Geneva airport I think Bensbus at £75 is the cheapest.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was looking for holidays for a friend and found this listing return coach trip to the Alps £79 on certain dates, does not to say if its Les Arcs though, and I have not heard of the company before (someone on here may have done though)
http://www.hucksterslodge.com/skiing-special-offers.asp

I also found the snow express link which is coach direct to Les Arcs
http://www.snowexpress.co.uk/resort-les-arcs.php

Transfers from the airports to Les Arcs could easily be as much as the whole coach fare from the UK and younger members of my family who have been skiing by coach say its very convenient in many respects, and possible to get some sleep to while away the hours.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnE, ive been skiing since I was 4 and I have my own equipment... I may have to stretch to £600 then
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ChinxSkis, the UCPA option looks like a good one - the benefit of them organising a lot of it as well as quality instruction is probably worth the extra few quid.

I would also look at Skiweekends who have coaches running from the UK and they do week long trips for very reasonable prices.

You are right that the transfer cost is what bumps a lot of trips up a bit, only way around this is either to use a Tour Operator or find another way to get there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnE . what sites do you look at for cheapo's . i was thinking of a late catered chalet booking ...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mistress Panda, looking at SkiWeekends, looks positive! is there any age requirement?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy