Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Renting an appartment in Bourg St Maurice for a season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking at renting an apartment/house/whatever Wink for a season in Bourg St Maurice, mainly because we have always been to Les Arcs and nowhere else and I'm planning on becoming a ski instructor.....anyone got any tips or any help on it at all?
Anything would be welcome!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChinxSkis, The main problem you will have is that a contract can only be entered into if you are 18 or over. As you are 16 this will be a difficult obstacle to overcome. Unfortunately the law is the law.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi ChinxSkis,

We lived in Bourg St Maurice for a long time so feel free to message me/post here if you have any questions about the town.

I don't know how much research you've done but if you are hoping to do your instructor qualifications through a ski school, I would find a good ski school first and then choose the resort on the basis of that rather than the other way round. Most ski schools offering instructor courses provide some help with accommodation, organisation etc too.

I've never used them but it's worth having a google for things like this: http://www.instructorcourses.skinewgen.com/

Happy planning - sounds like exciting times!

Heather
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChinxSkis, Why not do your BASI L1 in the UK first? It ill give you more experience of what is required for an instructor without a huge outlay. My daughter did her's at 16 and as a result decided that she didn't want to take it any further. However she's now 18, going to university in September, and it's another string to her bow for part time work, etc. She can always resume if she wants to and it did improve her skiing a fair bit.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ChinxSkis, bear in mind that it will take you several years to become qualified enough to become a ski instructor in France. Even to work as a trainee instructor is very difficult and requires both qualifications and a slalom racing test (which is very challenging).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ChinxSkis, renting a season bed in a hostel might be more fun for you?
http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Loft-Mountain-Hostel/Bourg-St-Maurice/43858
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy