Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courmayeur mountain stops

Poster: A snowHead
Just booked Courmayeur for next week - first time in the resort - can anyone recommend a rustic & quick'ish place to stop for coffee and lunch?

Any other recommendations about the resort gratefully accepted - needless to say if any other snowHead is around next week let me know and we can hook up for a ski/beer Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mama burger Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
this thread from a couple of weeks ago has some good stuff in it...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=106381&highlight=
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the tunnel does the best pizza!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JMA - thanks for the link but most does not seem applicable to 3 hairy blokes although we will be there on valentines day so you never know Embarassed

Eddie - du tunnel looks good will check it out next week

thanks guys
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"quick'ish" lunch??

What's that then?

You are going to Italy, no?

We like http://www.chiecco.com/ (definitely not a quick lunch) and http://www.petitmontblanc.com/ (you could rush it I suppose)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We skied Courmayeur for a half-day last year when visibility was really bad in La Thuile and we loved it.

There was a blue run low down the mountain off the Burgerfahrt chairlift, which had a mountain hut up and to the left of the piste near the end of the run.

Best pizza and strudel we've ever had, and they even had really cool baskets to winch your helmets, gloves, etc over the tables to get them out of the way while we we're eating. Genius!
Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Debbie et al - many thanks will check some of these out next week Smile

Changing tack slightly - I see a lot of the ski hire shops are at the top of the first cable car - can I pay for a one way trip up here to go up on arrival day instead of waiting till the following morning?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Johnor, Maison Vielle............... Up the Checruit cable car, take the chair (not the bubble), straight in front of you. Lovely rustic on-mountain restaurant with half decent pasta/meats/cheese dishes.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
cheers for this - I may even do a bit of skiing while I'm there Embarassed
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Johnor wrote:
JMA - thanks for the link but most does not seem applicable to 3 hairy blokes although we will be there on valentines day so you never know Embarassed

I'm the OP from the other thread. Would appreciate it if you could post back on here when you get there and let us know how it's going. We also hope you find appropriate company for Valentines day Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
http://www.chiecco.com/ a friend of mine shared a table with Heston Blumental here, they served me the best lamb I ever tasted. Not much change out of 100 euro for two.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Szymon wrote:
Johnor wrote:

I'm the OP from the other thread. Would appreciate it if you could post back on here when you get there and let us know how it's going. We also hope you find appropriate company for Valentines day Happy

Is it purely affairs of the heart you want reporting or are you interested in hearing about the skiing Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Johnor wrote:
Is it purely affairs of the heart you want reporting or are you interested in hearing about the skiing Madeye-Smiley

Oh, only the skiing, only the skiing wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hope you guys got there safe and are enjoying the skiing. One question -- did you book ski passes in advance or just buy at the lifts? Our hotel said it makes no difference and to just buy them at the lift, but it would be good to get confirmation Happy
latest report
Hi Johnor, I went to Courmayeur two years ago and tried Le Tunnel. I think I had snails as a starter there - love them! And the pizzas were massive!! Thin based but almost as wide as the table, when you're sitting at a table that's big enough for two people, if you know what I mean? Beware with the headroom upstairs - very low ceiling but if your are tall and stoop, is fine. Funky (strange ish) bunk bed type ladder for getting upstairs I think. But I think it was reasonably priced in comparison to other places to eat.

Ski hire - you just jogged my memory, yes there is a cable car up to the ski area (this was prob the only way to skiing though I might be corrected on that) and I hired my skis from one of the shops at the top of that too. As I went up using my ski pass on the first morning after buying it from a local shop place, I'm not sure that you can purchase a one way cable car ticket for the night before. (But hang on, won't you want a return ticket to come down on the cable car too (leave skis storing in the shop)?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy