Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello snow heads,

First time post so please go easy on me!

After years skiing round Europe thought I would finally head over to Whistler on our honeymoon next week.

Looking for advice on any good places to eat and drink. Been looking on usual websites and a lot of people saying you need to book restaurants in whistler days in advance. Is this right?

Also, treating myself to new ski boots, so can anyone recommend a shop in Whistler?

Thanks

Kirst
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Kirst,

Great choice of honeymoon destination. We went to Whistler for ours last year and has a fantastic time.

There are some places that I would recommend booking, but typically your hotel will be happy to make the phone calls etc for you.

We ate at the following and I can recommend all of them! -

Breakfast - Crêpe Montagne (this place was my favourite, best to book thought as it isn't very big), Blacks, Dubh Linn Gate, Cafe opposite the Crystal lodge, Fresh tracks brekkie (I recommend).

Dinner -
The Old Spaghetti Factory - We crashed in here once we had arrived. Bit of comfort food after a long trip.
The Keg (Steak) - Need to book. Standard steak house chain but well recommended.
Splitz (Burgers and Milkshake) - Build your own burger. Great milkshakes too. Go here if you can!
Mongolie Grill - Pick your food, weigh it up (for price) and then have the chef cook it for you on a giant hot plate. We booked but there was probably no need.
Ric's Grill - Had surf and turf. Just turned up and got a table.
Rim Rock Cafe & Oyster Bar - Our treat, we had to book. It's in Creekside too but the hotel also sorted us out a taxi. Had a fantastic meal. The special of the day was Caribou and while we both discussed the pros and cons of eating Rudolph, it turns out he was very tasty wink. They also piped congratulatory messages on our desserts as they knew it was our honeymoon.

Mountainside eating/Lunch -
Chic Pea Hut (Whistler) - They do great cinnamon buns
Crystal Hut (Blackcombe) - We ate here a couple of times. Our favourite spot. Have a Crystal Waffle
Dusty's (Creekside) - Ski to creekside and have a Ceaser and a pulled pork sarnie
We also grabbed some food at the Whistler gondola top station a couple of times which has a good selection.

Apres -
Crystal bar - Wings and beer, hockey on TV. Magic
Garibaldi Lift Co. Bar & Grill - Great place to chill out
My memory is a little hazy on the rest. There are so many great places, sometimes it's just good to have a wander and go somewhere that looks nice.

Have a great time!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Ormie31.

The recommendations certainly sound our kind of thing.

Can't wait to get out there now.

Cheers Kirst
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy