Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best for a late trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good afternoon

I am able to take a 'sneaky' late trip somewhere, departing the weekend of April 19/20.

Managed to narrow down some decent deals to Les Arcs, Cervinia, Obergurgl or Solden.

I last went to Cervinia in 1980; perhaps it has changed a little since then?!!!

Been more recently to Obergurgl (a little underwhelmed) and Solden (loved it!).

Had anyone else skied at any of these resorts that late in the season? Were they predominantly open, both in terms of resort, shops, bars etc and the ski area? What was the snow like when you went?

Thank you for any guidance.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You won't get a better deal than the EoSB. I wouldn't ski any lower than VT or Espace Killy at that point in the season. Never had anything other than almost all runs in VT open last week in April.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LOTA, Cervinia probably hasn't changed at all. I know nothing about Austria. But I'd want some decent high skiing available if required (although we have skied Avoriaz in great snow around April 2Cool. EoSB not a bad idea. Otherwise book flights into somewhere with decent choice (GVA) and see what the snow's doing.

Almost guaranteed though, it'll be late starts and early finishes. But that's what spring skiing is all about, isn't it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, sadly it appears the EoSB is full (not the biggest fan of Val Thorens, any way). I do have the advantage of thousands of Avios air miles burning a hole in my pocket and the flexibility to leave making any booking until the very last minute so can assess snow, weather forecasts etc almost up until departure.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LOTA, I think that the auto linky is going to LAST season bash.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try this

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107013
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think Cervinia will be a good bet. I am going there from 2 April for a while.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the updated link (silly of me not to look at the date). However, not a big fan of Val Thorens so will probably do my own thing. Cervinia certainly has more than enough snow at the moment - will keep an eye on how it may last!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy