Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beware - airbag update in Zurich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Beware – Zurich security now require canisters to be fitted to airbags. I have just returned from Zurich to find a note my wife and my bags from Zurich security confiscating each of our Snowpulse 300bar carbon canisters. I had notified the airline - BA, checked it in ok, it was packed in its box with the IATA rules in accordance with Mammut’s instructions “When transporting the airbag system, the cartridge must be kept separate to avoid any inadvertent [sic] triggering. Always store and carry the cartridge in its original packaging and with the protective cap screwed firmly in place”.

According to Zurich security, their rules are that it must be transported attached to the airbag. They are aware that this is contrary to Mammut’s own rules and they are fully aware of what the item is. It could be recovered for a fee but only in Zurich. BA are clearly not aware of this.

Unfortunately, as the canisters are about the same price as a return flight to Zurich I am keeping Mammut in business. I have notified Mammut. If you live in Switzerland you will soon be able to pick up carbon canisters, probably on eBay.

Beware everyone.

I will post this in a couple of forums.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
22 dropout, It's not outside the realms of possibility that a SH might be able to collect and get the canisters back to you - I've seen stranger things happen - it might only take a SH making a car journey in that direction.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That's a pain. I came through Zurich three weeks ago with my ABS canister packed in hold luggage without any problems. Will they also require the bag to be checked-in?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mammut have been excellent and they will sort me out. This is what Mammut said and it appears that this is now official at Zurich:

"The airport of Zürich just told us a week ago that there is this rule.

We have not heard about this so far. They were not able to give us an official statement about this and no official document where is stated that you have to fly with your cartridge in the backpack.

This rule is not mentioned in the IATA rules either, that the airport Zürich would have to follow.

We are clarifying right now how the actual rules are.

It seems like they randomly take cartridges from people since a lot of our athletes traveled already this year to Japan with no problems at all."
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bear in mind that travelling TO Zurich, you'd be better to still put the canister in the hold otherwise you fall foul of the CAA's 100ml limit on gasses and liquids.

It would be so much simpler if all this stuff was standardised
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
22 dropout, well done Mammut, they clearly care about their customer base, keep posting and let us know how you get on. The issue doesn't affect me in any way at all as I don't fly or own an airbag, but it is interesting to see how big companies value their standing amongst their client base. I always view Mammut as a top end brand and it is great to see that this might be carried through to their customer support which is knowledge worth having.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have asked Mammut to tell me what they conclude so that I can post it here. I am extremely impressed by them, after all, they could use this confusion to plug their canister rental system. Straight replacement for someone else's action - that the sign of a good company.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy