Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rucksack for carrying skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend or give me a clue on a small back pack which is good for carrying skis on? I am not after an expensive new one and want to search for a second hand one but not sure whats what. I would only use the pack when skiing with family to carry few spare bits for kids etc so doesn't need to be a big one. The ski carry facilty would be useful to strap my youngest daughters skis to for walking from accomodation to gondola/chair. Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jirac18, almost any ski-targetted day pack will have some sort of carry system I'd expect. E.g. Dakine, Ortovox, etc.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Smaller packs might not have a carry system, but it's usually indicated in a description.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some have diagonal carry, some have A-frame, some have both. It should be in the description tho. I'm finding more and more have diagonal carry only these days.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jirac18, I picked up a BCA Stash backpack a few weeks ago, and the number of features is fairly staggering for a small pack. It is a relatively small pack, but has ski and board carrying system and other stuff that knocked a lot of the other day packs into a cocked hat on features and general comfort. On sale here: http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/BCA_STASH_OB_Ski_Snowboard_Hydration_Backpack_16L_Black_2012-(44368) - have now used it for a couple of weeks and I wouldn't trade it.

If it is just for carrying kids skis the carrying system is more than good enough, only does diagonal carry but unless you buy a much bigger pack you won't get A-frame and frankly I don't think you'd need it for one pair of skis to help the kids out.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Arva jirac18, nough said Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jirac18, Decathalon do one called the Alpinism22 under the Simond brand. It's 22l (as you might have guessed) with ski carry. I've bought two, one for circa €26 in Chx, and one for circa 95zl near Szczyrk, no idea on a UK price.

I've used neither, but the two folk who are using them haven't complained. Price is good, ultimately the quality will probably reflect this, but for light use.......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've got a Dakine Baker which is 16L and very slim with loads of nice facilities. It was an absolute steal, £26, when I bought it a year ago, not sure what you could get it for now.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy