Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montafon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone ever been to the Montafon valley? Schruns, Gargellen etc etc? Seems fairly attractive and close to Zurich or Friedrichshafen. Any views?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed in Gaschurn a 3 years ago. Was very pretty place - but my view may have blurred by the several foot of snow they had at the time giving everything a nice white look. Not much night-life - just a couple of bars.
The area consists of several small resorts sharing the same lift pass connected by bus. from what I remember there's nothing challenging about the skiing but very picturesque area.
I can recommend the Hotel Saladina - I don't know if it was the novelty of having English guests (apparently not many English visitors to the Montafon) but we got a very warm welcome, great food and cosy place. It's got an "Irish bar" next door plus the hotel was no more than 3 mins walk from the lift - though I don't think any odf the hotels are far from the lift.
We flew to zurich and took the train and got the hotel to pick us up from the station. It's not the quickest way to get there but it's a relaxing journey and the view from the train are great.
I really liked the place and would go back - but you may find it limiting if you just want to build up motorway miles on the piste(though I believe you can use it as a base for ski-touring if that's your thing).
The resort web site is very good www.montafon.at . Look out for the hotel offers that include ski pass.
Hamish
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes a very nice valley with lots of good & relativley cheap resorts. Very undiscovered by the UK.
You do get quite lot of English speakin people (Ozzy.s) who turn up in St Anton in Montafon on the train from Bludenz thinking there in St Anton (Arlberg) , ha-ha Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lisach,
I skied down to Gargellen from Klosters once and had a few hours on the slopes a very attractive little area. You can go the other way ski down to St Antonien I think it is from Gargellen and then bus train to the Madrisa and back to Gargellen. It is a really good trip in good snow and not difficult the lift passes were accepted in each others resorts. With the other areas in the Montafon definately worth a visit IMHO snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy