Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulx in March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, a group I normally go skiing with every January are planning a trip for slightly later (March) next year, 2015. Sauze d'Oulx in the Via Lattea has been identified as a potential destination, but some of the group are wondering what the snow conditions will be like there in March? I've noticed that the altitude at the destination is a shade over 1500m. Crystal balls aside, does anyone have experience of going to this area regularly at that point in the season, and if so how does the snow usually bear up? I'd be grateful for any insights based on any snowHead previous visits. Ta.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't been there, but 1500m is (relatively) low for a late(ish) season trip. Sauze d'Oulx has an erratic snow record and artificial snowmaking isn't particularly extensive. I also think it might be west facing (not sure), which isn't ideal.

In short there'll probably be enough snow in March but I think you'd risk ice / slush. In the immediate area, Montgenevre might make a better destination.

Hopefully somebody can actually speak from experience though...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would hope it is good as i am heading there on 16th march. i am sure with 400kms of piste you will find there is enough to keep you entertained. Sauze may be a little lower but sestriere above you is much higher. FYI here is the depths from the past three years

2010-2011 82cm / 163cm 2011-2012 49cm / 89cm 2012-2013 83cm / 142cm

Those are pretty decent snow depths for march anywhere so i would not be to concerned
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
last year we went in late March/early April and the snow was awesome with lots of fresh powder, it's only one experience but we spoke to a few people before we went and the consensus was that it's safer than people think. They've had loads of snow so far this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was there in march a few years ago, it was lovely, had had lots of snow and it was far better than the year we went in febuary. The days tend to be a little warmer which leaves lovely snow, there was enough to ski every run.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went there last year at the beginning of march and it was excellent ,,i think the snow lasted well into may last year
If you catch the lift to the very top your up at 2800 so no worries there .you canalso ski into Sestriere which is all above 2000
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Great stuff, thanks for the replies folks. I've been to via lattea before, my first ever time on skis in fact, but that was Claviere which is at a higher altitude and it was in January - 2008. The party lead actually confirmed the trip today, so I'm looking forward to visiting the area again, especially as my previous trip was spent largely on beginner slopes and exclusively in Claviere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
it should be fine, I'm off there in march this year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There was fabulous snow last Easter in Sauze Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whose there and staying where; from 2nd March? Hotel
Savoia Debili x 10. SHd's meet up at the Derby perhaps? Very Happy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scootsman1, It'll be a year too early for me I'm afraid, but have a great time - do let us know what the conditions are like for your trip snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy