Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots, sized and fitted but....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
A question asked before I'm sure.
I had a boot fitting at S&R over three hours and three different boots, had custom foot beds made for the chosen boot Dalbello Pantera 100. I am wearing them round the house with medium thickness smart wool socks. I am noticing after 30-40 mins my feet get icy cold. When I remove the boots, my feet are white and I can feel the blood rushing back to my feet.
I have buckle 2 as loose as I can make it, I am concerned. Is this just part of the breaking in process?
How long shall I give it before going back to the shop. I never suffer from cold feet at any other time, ever!
Any help always appreciated.
I felt the shop offered a good service throughout the fitting.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB100, no, not normal. Circulation is being cut off somewhere. Go back to the shop with them.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wearing different socks to what you wore when having the boots fitted will make a big difference to the fit. Try thinner socks to start with, then speak to the shop
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wearing the same socks I had when I had them fitted. I bought them at the fitting. I have just worn them for 30 mins with an ultra thin pair of silk socks. Same problem
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go back for a refit, there may be to much pressure some where on your feet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DB100, I wonder if you can find out if the compression is in the leg or the feet, perhaps leave the top buckles almost undone and see if it still happens? It might help narrow down where the problem is?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DB100, Just to be sure - you have got them on the correct feet, right?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No, on my head! Blimey didn't realise they were meant for the feet Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
DB100, I wonder if you can find out if the compression is in the leg or the feet, perhaps leave the top buckles almost undone and see if it still happens? It might help narrow down where the problem is?

It is almost certainly dorsal aspect of the foot where the problem is, I have worn the boots with the leg buckles as loose as can be, same problem.
Also there is a definite pinch point on the left boot.
Back to the shop tomorrow
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy