Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSA: I think I found good Off Piste Insurance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
www.holidaysafe.co.uk

They cover off-the-side-of-the-piste as standard.
No restrictions at all as regards Avalanche Warnings.

The standard policy including their Sports packs 1-3 includes Off Piste, i.e. proper Off Piste with a Guide or Instructor.
Add the additional premium by selecting Pack 6 and that covers Off Piste without a guide.

You can select packs that cover Ski Touring, Ski Flying, Ski Racing etc etc etc.
Really seems very comprehensive set of selections.

For us, a couple, going to Japan for 2 weeks, including unguided Off Piste came to £124. I thought that very reasonable.

Caveat on pricing: I went for the Basic package, I really don't see the point in paying a lot of extra premium to cover me for lost luggage and Hijack risk etc.
Insurance for me is for the potential BIG expenses of rescue/medical/third party. The other risks I can afford to pay for and on a rough premium/pay-out calculation they charge too much for those elements, but charge very reasonably for the stuff I want.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Insure & Go Annual multi-trip insurance which includes 17 days a year winter sports cover. That includes off piste skiing without a guide. The only caveat is you aren't covered in areas considered to be unsafe by resort management. I clarified this on the phone with one of their advisors and essentially would involve heading out through a back country gate marked closed by the resort.

I opted for the Black insurance cover which has no premium should you need to claim and high levels of cover. I have made a few claims in previous years which have been dealt with very efficiently - no complaints.

For a years cover it is £99. If you will be making a few other trips throughout the year definitely an option I would consider.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy