Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommend me a Boot

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have skied 5 times, although their was a 20 year gap between the 2nd and 3rd sessions.

I am starting to perfect Parallel turns and will be sking Twice a year here in France.

I did buy some Wedze RNS 100 MOndo 28.0 and they felt comfortable. but my left foot little toe felt numb after 1 hour walking around the house, so I took them back. My feet are 105mm wide. and take 9.5 uk normally.

Im going again in March so want to order some boots now in order to try them out.

What boots would you recommend please chaps

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am sorry to say this but nobody on here can tell you what is right. Where are you based then we can look at recommending a good boot fitter. The most popular person on here does appear to be CEM who is in Bicester and has a fantastic reputation.

Pete
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about the Flex should I stick to 70/80
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Talk to a good fitter, tell them (honestly) about your ability and and ambition and buy the boots the fitter says are right for you. Where do you live? Snowheads probably know of all the boot fitters worth using round the country so can suggest one in your general area.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Im in France and im going back to the ALPS on the 8th March. There is no Boot fitter here in Brittany, so I was hoping to buy a pair over the Net, try them at home for a time then Im not going to be in pain whan Im at the slope.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nope that is a bad plan! Where in the Alps? We can probably suggest who to see and the advantage of buying in resort is you are close to the fitter if something needs tweaking after a few hours skiing in them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OK im going to Valmeinier 1800
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Enjoy, hopefully someone who knows the area will be along soon, if not post a thread asking for boot fitters in Valmeinier
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for you help Davkt!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

my left foot little toe felt numb after 1 hour walking around the house

I don't think that necessarily means there was something wrong with them. Walking around you'll be standing upright which will push your foot forward and put pressure on your toes that won't be there when skiing.

Definitely see a boot fitter. It'll save you a lot of time and money and avoid too many mistakes.

Mike
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Walking around in ski boots is not the best thing to do, for your boots, your feet or your floors. Why not buy in resort and then you can go back daily if necessary to get them tweaked. Most good ski shops will have a trained boot fitter. but try to go when they are not busy. It's worth sacrificing a half day skiing.
New ski boots should not feel comfortable. Yours were probably too big. They should feel tight to the point of almost too tight. They pack down as they mould to your feet.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yeah it was a strange one. felt tight and confortable, but i could feel numbness in my little toe and was scared that i coulnt take them back !!

I did though and so Ill go the resort shop, poss pay a little bit more but like you say peace of mind.

Should I get some customable insoles aswell??

Thanks

Tim
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
glisser, your boot fitter will advise whether you need them. But probably yes. Save up. Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy