Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Race/off-piste 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All - this is probably aimed at the 3 valleys experts here. We're off to La Tania at Feb half term. We're going with a bigger group, and I'll ski with the kids and the group in the afternoons, but I'm looking for something a bit more demanding to do in the mornings.

Last year I did a couple of days of a 'stage competition' with ESF in Val Thorens, which was really good fun: mix of gates (slalom, GS, and super G) and off-piste and park. Would be more than happy to do that again, but I think it would be hard to get to from La Tania for a 9am start - and I only see it offered in VT and 1650.

Or off-piste with a strong group (I've had variable experiences here - very dependent on the standard of the group), or higher-end instruction. Anything where I'm going to progress my skiing and cover some ground. I'd prefer a group activity just for then social and cost side of it,

Any ideas? TIA.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Grand ski with ESF. A mixture of off piste guiding & instruction in a group. Expect a few old ski suits & feet clamped together but good skiers wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would be relatively easy to get to 1650 for an early start as there is a free shuttle bus from La Tania that runs all day. I'd contact ESF and see what they can do.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kieranm wrote:
Would be relatively easy to get to 1650 for an early start as there is a free shuttle bus from La Tania that runs all day. I'd contact ESF and see what they can do.

Thanks vm for responding. I'd be very happy to head over to 1650, but the bus schedule I found online (http://courchnet.com/item_files/courchevel_-_free_local_bus_service_-_22_december_-_4_april.pdf) looks like the first bus from La Tania is too late. Do you think there's an earlier one? Or maybe a taxi wouldn't be outrageous? The 1650 course looked good as it was aimed at adults and it's a minimum Fleche Bronze so I assume most people will be higher.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
Try Grand ski with ESF. A mixture of off piste guiding & instruction in a group. Expect a few old ski suits & feet clamped together but good skiers wink

Thanks. Couldn't find that online, but will give them a call. I've generally had good experiences with ESF. Some of the younger guys in particular are fantastic skiers, a good laugh, and often good at technical instruction - as long as you speak good French. I think a lot of the poorer press they get in the UK is because the beginner and intermediate instruction can be variable, and their English is often on a par with your average brit skiers French.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
turbosmurf,

http://ski-school-valthorens.co.uk/adults/off-pist-skiing

Val T don't call it Grand Ski like most other ESF's.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stewart woodward wrote:
turbosmurf,

http://ski-school-valthorens.co.uk/adults/off-pist-skiing

Val T don't call it Grand Ski like most other ESF's.

Looks fun, but don't think I can get to vt for 9am either.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
getting to VT for 9am from La T would be difficult and probably expensive, but getting a taxi to 1650 wouldn't cost much and only take 10 minutes or so.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

the bus schedule I found online (http://courchnet.com/item_files/courchevel_-_free_local_bus_service_-_22_december_-_4_april.pdf) looks like the first bus from La Tania is too late

Hmm, you're right. There are earlier ones from Le Praz if you can get down there, otherwise as ansta1 says a taxi wouldn't be too bad, or you might find that if you're staying with a chalet who have a van for busing people around they'll drop you off if you ask particularly nicely.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
IIRC there was a similar question posed last year, and the advice then was the same as above, either get a direct taxi or get down to Le Praz and get the earlier bus. My vote would be a quick taxi ride, but I like to keep things simple as much as possible.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great. Thanks all. Taxi to 1650 it is.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy