Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
There is a general concensus that custom footbeds are significantly better than the vanilla insoles that ski boots are supplied with. They provide better comfort, more control over your skis and help to reduce fatigue.

The question is, as to whether there is any benefit from paying £100 for the full 3D fit service from an outfit such as profeet over paying £50 for conform'able footbeds from the likes of slush & rubble???

Your thoughts of fellow snowHead will be greatly appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went for a Profeet fitting recently. The cost was £40 for analysis, then £59 for an insole, fitted. I found the pressure analysis valuable, because it enabled the footbed to be made to correct my "out of balance" left foot. The footbed was made unweighted, a 1st for me. I have always used Sidas in the past, and paid extra to have wedges glued on/in my boots. Getting used to the feeling having the Profeet footbeds have created when on skis, will take me a little time. Feels weird. The mainstream ski shops do employ some very good fitters, alternatively Lockwoods fitters have a strong reputation on here.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mwareing, do you have problematic feet? Including problems that may manifest themselves in other areas? For instance, bad back, back sore knees and so on. If the answer is yes then think about the more expensive version than the normal Comformable versions available from SnR. OTOH if you do have problematic feet perhaps it would be worth seeing, at an even grater cost, a podiatrician.

For me it would come down to £££. If I had enough spare cash then I'd go for the expensive version. But I'm a ski bum. I have a regular Comformable with a pro heel stabiliser and it does me just fine. (Although I'd not recommend the pro heel stab unless you're looking for some really high performance fit, they can be uncomfortable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing starts with the feet, boots without footbeeds are like cars without seats. Get foot beds made properaly, and you'll never be able to ski without them. How can you buy skis, without control? Ah, you love the colour, design, etc. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, cost in Cham? Two kids' feet given all the tests at the new place in Bourg St Maurice recently, new holes drilled to move buckle attachments, one set of custom footbeds made so far, cost around 90 € (with a discount). Took a good hour. Going in to get mine done soon. Part of Nevada Sports (Tignes Le Lac), comes highly recommended.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SZK, Are you suggesting that the likes of conformable are not worth the money?

I have pretty much "normal" feet and stance (as assessed when buying my last runners), if I had problems with pronation / supination I would definitely go the expensive route. I'm just not sure what extra the more expensive option would give me over the less expensive (but still not exactly cheap!) option.

How long can I expect these to last, assuming I only use them for skiing 2 weeks a year. Also I assume that when I buy new boots I will have to have new footbeds made up as the old ones will have been cut to the shape of my previous boots??

Would I perhaps be better off getting them in resort?

I'm just plain confused, I know I need decent footbeds, but what is the best option. I simply want something that is good value (not cheap) and offers a decent fit and performance.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mwareing wrote:
SZK, Are you suggesting that the likes of conformable are not worth the money?

I have pretty much "normal" feet and stance (as assessed when buying my last runners), if I had problems with pronation / supination I would definitely go the expensive route. I'm just not sure what extra the more expensive option would give me over the less expensive (but still not exactly cheap!) option.

How long can I expect these to last, assuming I only use them for skiing 2 weeks a year. Also I assume that when I buy new boots I will have to have new footbeds made up as the old ones will have been cut to the shape of my previous boots??

Would I perhaps be better off getting them in resort?

I'm just plain confused, I know I need decent footbeds, but what is the best option. I simply want something that is good value (not cheap) and offers a decent fit and performance.

No, where did you get that idea? You need footbeds, well made ones and any brand so long as they do their job. If they are well made they will out last your boots and dare i say it, you. I can't see how you can ski better without them. Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor wrote:
mwareing, do you have problematic feet? Including problems that may manifest themselves in other areas? For instance, bad back, back sore knees and so on. If the answer is yes then think about the more expensive version than the normal Comformable versions available from SnR. OTOH if you do have problematic feet perhaps it would be worth seeing, at an even grater cost, a podiatrician.

For me it would come down to £££. If I had enough spare cash then I'd go for the expensive version. But I'm a ski bum. I have a regular Comformable with a pro heel stabiliser and it does me just fine. (Although I'd not recommend the pro heel stab unless you're looking for some really high performance fit, they can be uncomfortable.

I'm in the process of considering footbeds too and am now slightly confused. I thought one of the advantages of footbeds was increased comfort, but the indication here is that footbeds may be uncomfortable. Surely that would result in being able to spend less time on the snow?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yard sale junkie,
Quote:

I thought one of the advantages of footbeds was increased comfort, but the indication here is that footbeds may be uncomfortable.

A well made footbed, will place your feet in the correct alignment. As this made be different to how your tootsies spend their free time, it is possible that the footbeds will feel weird for a while until the feet get used to the position. For me, eventually the footbeds feel like home and all other shoes feel poorly fitting. Uncomfortable may be too strong a description IMV.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy