Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a noon transfer - Tignes to Geneva Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
We booked UCPA for Feb23rd - Mar1st.
We're looking for a transfer on Saturday Mar 1st, around 12pm-13pm, in order to catch a 19pm flight in Geneva airport.
Does anybody have any helpful information?
I only found Ben'sbus to be at 14:00 and AlpskiBus at 13:35 which I believe is too late.

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
orenshp, I'd have thought Alpskibus at 13.35 would be ok ? 3 hr transfer time, arriving 16.35 for check in at 17hrs?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Their website states arrival at 1800 to Geneva which is obviously too much.
I'm just not sure how many stops and how much time does it really take...
Is it 3 hours in a car or in shared transfer?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
orenshp, Ah, that sounds like a long old transfer - I'm counting on 3 hrs when I go next week but our transfer won't be doing any other stops on the way as it's arranged direct through the hotel. Who did you book UCPA through ? When I went to UCPA Flaine a few yrs back I booked through Action Outdoors who arranged the transfer - may be worth asking them who they use and see if they have any travellers booked on a transfer from Tignes that you could jump in with.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Action-outdoors now using the loyet transfer services which is new this year so have a look at their times. Altibus has many stops and will take that amount of time to get there. Try Europetransfer for shared transfers availability or ski 4 fun or snowbus.co.uk.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was in UCPA Tignes week before xmas, the flight was 19:10 and we had to get the 10:45 transfer. it took around 4 hours, so was stuck at the airport for a while. The transfer after that was a 14:00 - which is cutting it a bit fine - There was a couple of stops including one at Chambery Airport - We used Loyet (Simply transfers)
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If all else fails and you end up with time to kill at Geneva airport, the train station is right next door. 7 min train journey into central Geneva. Left luggage area in the station.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
orenshp, Its a realistic time schedule. Being a service bus they allow a good deal of time to get to Moutiers - if you look at the timetable it is then only 2 hours to GVA. But as other minbuses taxis etc are timed to meet this bus they do not leave early from Moutiers. Its all about making their part of the bargain about 97% of the time (imagine the whinging if they were often late). They've being doing it for years so on balance you have to respect the locals knowledge.

On a private transfer - it takes a minimum of 2 hours 50 at the speed limit, on a busy Saturday a responsible company would leave 6 hours before take off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

it takes a minimum of 2 hours 50 at the speed limit, on a busy Saturday a responsible company would leave 6 hours before take off.

and that's a busy Saturday - end of the Paris holidays.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Have you tried snowbus.co.uk? You can also send a request for shared transfers through http://www.findtransfers.com/shared_transfers.asp and transfer companies will get in touch if someone can help.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy