Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mark Warner Ski Hosting Alternative?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI there

We are off to Meribel next weekend with Mark Warner and wondered if they were still doing their 'Ski Itinerary' as an alternative to ski hosting. We were there last year just after the ban on hosting was introduced and wondered if they were doing the same this season. As I am traveling with my 6 year old daughter, she'll be in lessons and skiing on your own isn't a lot of fun for a week!

Cheers

Mark
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I don't think any French resorts allow hosting at the moment - but that's just based on stuff people have posted on here.

You could post on here to see if anyone else is in resort and meet up with them or you could book lessons/a course/ a guide for yourself; they're way much more fun than they used to be.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
or, dare I say it on here, see if the SCGB leader's program fits with your plans. You can ski with them for one day without being a member
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think that MW provide one day a week guiding with a local ski instructor now.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
^ not when I went

I went with MW to Courchevel in December, and they still arrange the three groups, give you an itinerary and meet you for lunch at a pre-booked restaurant.

It's not the same though. Luckily a guy in our group was a private instructor on holiday who knows the 3Vs really well, so he 'hosted' us for the week which was great!!

I think you just have to hope there's someone with you who knows the place, or there's a lot of standing around looking at piste maps.

But you won't be skiing alone, don't worry.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies

When we went last year the ban had kicked in about 2 weeks before so we were split into groups and given an itinerary and a meeting point for lunch. It worked quite well. I was hoping that this would at least be in place this year. Thanks HoneyBunny for confirming this.
We found it worked much better with 6 or 8 skiers in a group rather than the bigger groups when MW did the hosting. Really looking forward to finding some snow!
Quote:

I went with MW to Courchevel in December, and they still arrange the three groups, give you an itinerary and meet you for lunch at a pre-booked restaurant.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I too can confirm that they had an arrangement as honeybunny described in MW in Tignes in Jan,
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I too can confirm that they had an arrangement as honeybunny described in MW in Tignes in Jan,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy