Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere - Questions about resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All

I have a couple of quick questions about La Rosiere for anyone who has ever been...

I go in January, to stay at Davids chalet (traxx) and have pestered him with enough questions already so figured i'd "throw this one out to the floor" as they say (or at least they do on my "cowdoo bingo" spreadsheet at work).

1. I'm thinking of leaving my goggle buying til i arrive in the resort (as recommended on here to make sure i get the correct lens colour etc) - does La Rosiere have decent ski equipment shops?

2. I'll be needing lessons - should i prebook (online?) or just book when i get there?

3. Rental Equipment (skis, boots and poles) - as above, should i prebook (is this possible?) or just turn up and sort it out.

Cheers for any comments people!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
magic_hat, La Rosiere has several decent shops, with Twinner being pretty good (google Twinner la Rosiere). Lessons and gear should be fine to spot book in Jan. I would pester David though as he has specific knowledge and unless you are getting on a freebie YOU are the customer. He seems to enjoy sharing his knowledge of this super place. We shall be there for half term Shocked and are looking forward to it already. I wont bore you with things to do or avoid as your hosts will cover all that. Have a good one.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
magic_hat, a lot of the rental shops do online reductions - bigger reductions for early booking and especially when this relates to non-peak weeks - so i think you should get onto that asap - as Frosty the Snowman states, twinner are a good company to start with - they should definitely be offering some online reduction - so go for that rather than waiting until you get to the resort
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both - will check out Twinner. Many thanks.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
magic_hat, there's a link to Twinner from our website.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers for this. Checked out Twinner - seems great for equipment hire. 30& reduction online for January. Thanks people!

Found these two companies offering ski lessons...

http://www.evolution2.com/rosiere/gb/skiadulte.asp
http://www.esflarosiere.com/

Anyone tried either of these?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Contrary to almost all other resorts in France the ESF actualy have a fair reputation from what I have heard. They even had an English ( well Scottish ) instructor last year - I think his name is Andy.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
magic_hat, Evo2 were great and we have booked the same instructor for the kids again; David was great with the kids and I'm sure he would be good for adults too. ESF in LA Ros seem to have a great reputation. We met one of their English directors Shocked and he seemd very customer focused. Folks we spoke to were very impressed with their tuition. Each offers something slightly different to the other eg start times, lesson lengths, min numbers, so surf their sites and pick what is best for you.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks again for the help.

Am going to book equipment with Twinner this week.

The ski lesson problem has been made easier by the fact that Evo2's classes run Sun/Mon/Tue and i don't arrive til late Sunday, so that counts them out!

Leaves me with just ESF!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
magic_hat,

Go to David, I wouldn't think anyone on here knows the resort better...

I always take a walk around the ski shops to get what I want.... but if you find what YOU want online at the price you want
then do that.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
magic_hat, We arrived Sunday and just booked 5 days with Evo2. You'll be well happy with ESF though.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
magic_hat, just picked up on your question re ski school, it's really not a problem which school you go with, Evo2 are well used to Les Anglais arriving on a Sunday, most of the English TOs in the village have Sunday transfers. We like the ESF but only because we know thier instructors better, there isn't anything to choose between them. You are more likely to get a complete English group with Evo2, it's run by one of the Arpins who own the chalets used by Ski Espirit, so all Ski Espirit's guests get booked to Evo2. That's either a good thing or a bad thing depending on your outlook.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy