Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What does the SkiWelt lift pass cover?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I'm just wondering what exactly the SkiWelt area lift pass (for 6 days) covers.

I know it covers Soll / Brixen / Ellmau / Going / Itter / Scheffau / Hopfgarten.

I believe it covers the slopes on the other side of Westendorf too. However, I read on a document Crystal sent me yesterday that the pass only covers a single day in this area - are they wrong?

Also, am I right in thinking that the pass covers Kelchsau as well. Has anybody been there, and is it worth the (short, free) bus journey from Hopfgarten?

And finally, are there any other areas covered which I've missed?

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I read that too in my crystal gubbins. I think it's just a way to flog their ski away day.
The skiwelt website makes it pretty clear that it's all included.
Joe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Westendorf is included, you can also buy an upgrade to ski Kitzbuehel (short free bus from the bottom of the Ki-West run in Westendorf) though I'm not sure if that's available by the day or the week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pretty sure it's all included. You need the all star pass for Kitzbuhel as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
denfinella, The kitzbuheler alpin all star card can be yours for €241 for 6 days as opposed to €219 for the ski welt card (which does indeed cover westendorf, regardless of what crystal say). it opens up kitzbuhel, saalbach / hinterglem, zell am zee, St Johann etc etc. Its great value, even if you don't use it you are only €22 out of pocket, it does make you travel though as you want to get the value. I always get one wherever I stay in the region, you then have all the options. A day trip across to kitz via westendorf is easily achievable. Also the bus links are many and easy, either from Soll or head down to Brixen where a bus is only 5 mins to Kirchberg. There are so many options you get a real sense of adventure.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SkiWelt pass covers Kelchsau as well
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Open to correction, but I think

kitzbuheler alpin , covers you for train use, between the resorts above

kitzbuhel train station v close to main gondola

Kirchberg station not ideally located for ski, ditto St Johann
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dublin2, Kitzbühel main train station isn't located very well for the gondola, need to use the Kitzbühel-Hahnenkamm station which is (the one just below the liuft station)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everybody. I asked about the All Star Card in another thread. Unfortunately it turns out that it's not worth upgrading for me, as our SkiWelt passes are on a buy one get one half price offer, which wouldn't be applicable to the All Star Card.

Has anybody actually been to Kelchsau?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've skied a few times in Kelchsau and have enjoyed my visits there, especially when the snow is good. It is, however, a pretty small area and another friend I was with wanted to move over to Westendorf at midday. Here's the piste map, one chairlift and two T-bars (and a beginners' tow)...

My last visit was in 2007 and that was another year of meagre snowfalls at the beginning of the winter, so there wasn't much snow around. Here's a picture taken from the Hofstattbahn, an old 2-seater chairlift serving the main run (a black piste in those days, red on the current piste map - I don't remember it as being particularly difficult)...

And here is another photo taken from near the top of that lift...

Those photos from a Kelchsau with little snow probably don't do it justice, so here's one taken the year before, looking down towards Hopfgarten and showing that you could find snow alongside the pistes. It is a picturesque spot...

With more snow the area looks good as in this view from the Haagalm to the Hagjoch T-bar, which takes you to the top of the hill...

The Haagalm is a pleasant spot for a rest, with interesting sculptures...

Summing up this long post for a small area, it depends on you (and maybe the snow conditions) whether you enjoy visiting it. I like visiting smaller areas, mostly only skied by locals, and I think it would be a pity if they all disappeared. Finally, Kelchsau has a historic skiing importance -at least for snowHeads: it was there on 15th January 2006 that I first wore a helmet when skiing Laughing

P.S. Schwoich is also on the SkiWelt pass but even I haven't skied there. It is a very small area with just a couple of tows.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
espri, just the sort of thing I was hoping to hear. I think we'll try and get over there from Hopfgarten for a few hours at some point. I agree - there's something appealing about visiting small local areas.

However, not as small as Schwoick!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does the Skiwelt pass include night skiing or is that a per night purchase?

Thanks
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Night skiing is unfortunately not covered by the main lift pass. I think it costs €30 for 3 hours. Imho its worth it once, its a good buzz but I wouldn't go more than one night
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Westendorf is definitely part of Skiwelt. You used to be able to get a 1 day extension to Kitzbuhel but it has vanished from the website so I guess they want to push the starcard. Worth actually asking at the Westendorf ticket office though. There are some "tourist office" deals which you can only get through local businesses.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can definitely get as far as the ki-west lift and back up again. I know because I did it today from Soll. Smile
Joe
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy