Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Decathlon cross country ski bargain!!

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone my sort of height or a bit taller in need of poles check out this listing http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331099130461 5 pairs of 145cm or 155cm poles for £25.05 inc post.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 5-02-14 11:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
davkt, love that you bought some Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kat.ryb, Have you resisted the temptation? If those are too long there are some others, not quite such spectacular discount but with bindings, in the Decathlon sale as well wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
They have arrived and look great to clueless about XC skiing me! Should have the bindings Wednesday and then off to see Spyderjon on Friday to get them mounted.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine arrived!

ONE ski…the picking note said "quantity 1" guess what happened!!

Arghh…but they have credited back the full order value, which is nice as I had a few things on there and now I can't get the darned site to order me another pair…they show on stock but with no way of despatching them!

I now have ONE 206cm ski!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
just ordered some poles for youngest ansta1 from Decathlon, website refused to let me click on home delivery option and add the £3.99 or perhaps more postage, went on mobile site and ordered a pair of junior poles for £9.99, no postage added and order has been confirmed... result.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
adam.b, If all else fails contact the Decathlon UK facebook page, they seem to go out of the way to sort things out for customers (sorted me out when the kids road bike I wanted for Chloe was only in stock in Belfast)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh and it has just let me go through an order of a 206cm pair right up to the confirm and pay stage, may be you need to clear some cookies or something
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have just spoken to them again and there IS a problem with the site…should be fixed by tomorrow
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just had an email reminding me I had some 206s in my basket which I didn't check out so guess the site might be back to normal now.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hmm, just looking at the skis and they say made in Austria. Wonder which factory they come from?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fedex man has just brought the bindings and UKMail says the waxes are out for delivery, off to see Spyderjon tomorrow to get the bindings mounted then hopefully will have some boots next week if pam w can escape from Arraba! After that crossing fingers for some snow to go and play!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
big YAY to decathlon…they have found the missing ski and are sending it to me!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good stuff! Where are you planning having a play with them adam.b? Have you done any XC before? I'm hoping for some snow cover on the Highpeak Trail before too long to try and teach myself how to move on them. The weekend's project will be getting them waxed following through the Swix school method which seems simple enough (assuming the base wax I've got coming from Bartlets arrives in time) Oh and if you need any poles and 145 is your size you can have a pair of the ones I got of ebay for a fiver.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
davkt wrote:
Good stuff! Where are you planning having a play with them adam.b? Have you done any XC before? I'm hoping for some snow cover on the Highpeak Trail before too long to try and teach myself how to move on them. The weekend's project will be getting them waxed following through the Swix school method which seems simple enough (assuming the base wax I've got coming from Bartlets arrives in time) Oh and if you need any poles and 145 is your size you can have a pair of the ones I got of ebay for a fiver.

Not decided where…I am assuming you are fairly close to me (mansfield) so when it snows we can meet up and fall over together…I bought my lovely wife some too!

The poles sound great…I will swap coffee and cake for a pair!

PM me your number and we can snow watch…do you know a nice, safe, flatfish place where we will not be too observed?!?
snow report
Hi adam.b, Yep I'm just near Matlock, will PM you in a mo. The Highpeak trail is one of the old railway lines that has been turned into a footpath, within about a mile of where I am sat typing this there are 2 different flat stretches of a mile and a bit each which I think will be perfect if this rain ever turns to snow!
snow report
[quote="davkt"]Hi adam.b, Yep I'm just near Matlock, will PM you in a mo. The Highpeak trail is one of the old railway lines that has been turned into a footpath, within about a mile of where I am sat typing this there are 2 different flat stretches of a mile and a bit each which I think will be perfect if this rain ever turns to snow![/quote

I know the place. We have a plan!!
latest report
Here are mine with bindings and boots (thanks ever so much Pam W attached, now I just need some snow, though it is looking distinctly spring like outside today!
snow conditions
snowHead snowHead snowHead great to see the boots doing something useful (well, slightly less useless than sitting under the bed). Fingers crossed for some snow.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy