Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powderhorn Jackets/Trousers on SportPursuit any views?

Poster: A snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grab them,brill gear at this price.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very good - based out of Jackson Hole ish IIRC
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Okay so they do seem to be good. Would folk recommend three layer Goretex Blizzard hardshell jacket @ £175 or two layer stretch Goretex with 40 gms of Primaloft for £230? I tend towards the former but haven't had a pure hardshell before.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless you're going to be in seriously cold places i'd go for the hardshell. Couple of good layers under the hardshell and i doubt you'd notice a difference between the two.....unless you have to buy more layers, in which case it might be more cost effective to get the insulated jacket.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I had a Powderhorn jacket years ago, very well made, very warm, lasted for ages and only got rid of it because I fancied a change.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Missus has had Powderhorn jacket and salopettes for 2 seasons now, she rates them highly and due to how cold she normally gets, this is a good sign of quality. I would buy...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
my Mrs had one of their down jackets last year, seems good so far, both for keeping warm in the UK and skiing in!

I'm a hardshell and layers fan....has worked for me from -23 to about +10
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hardshell but don't by it in a size that will be a snug fit on it's own, leave yourself room for as many or few layers as you need under it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
can i jump in on this please, i have a moutain equipment hard shell and was thinking of buying either of these 2 as a layer for underneath, am i doing the right think or would it be too much for under the hard shell?

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/powderhorn-jan/mens-corbet-x-press-jacket-phantom

OR

http://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/powderhorn-jan/mens-gunpowder-jacket-phantom

thanks for any advice
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
howster, I've an ME Hardshell and I think that in anything other than the coldest conditions they would be too warm and probably sweaty. I've a couple of different weight fleeces and baselayers which I vary according to conditions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Claude B, thanks, can you clarify what hardshell is so i'm not making a mistake i have a jacket similar to this - sorry i've forgot name of mine

http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=6055

this is a hardshell right??

what do you wear underneath, i have a Berghaus fleece which i wear but I must admit i was freezing last ski holiday, can you advise on a good fleece or soft shell i could wear - if these powderhorn arent suitable
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
howster yes that link looks like a hardshell.

If it's cold ie -10 to -20 at the bottom I wear 2 long sleeved thin merino tops and one midweight fleece on top. One really cold day last Dec (-25 at the bottom and windy) I added a merino T shirt under all that...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
howster, yep given the weight it is hard shell, though a very light weight one, my Changabang feels light but is almost double the weight of yours! Like kitenski its merino layerering under it for me, mostly Aldi's finest offerings topped up by John Smedleys seconds from their factory sales which cost about the same as the Aldi stuff. For cold days I'll add a merino mid layer. I do have a set of Icebreaker midweight base layers but they only get used when it is really cold.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kitenski, Crikey - The coldest I have skied is a tad below Zero.
snow conditions
Mike-H, it was pre-xmas last season, coldest I've ever skied in!
latest report
They have some ski pants at good prices. I want black but they sell phantom colour. What??
snow conditions
Okay just hit the button on the Blizzard jacket. Couldn't resist such a good bargain and will need a new jacket in the next 12 months, or so I'm telling myself rolling eyes Actually my current kit is 6 years old so its done pretty well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy