Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Article 9

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Was up a Brevant ,Chamonix today and next to the rules of the slope area etc some had put up a notice saying "warning article 9" and highlited that.
My French is pretty pants so does any local snow heads know what the warning was about?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=article+9
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
WiRED wrote:

I see what you've done there, but "let me google that for you" only really works when the answer is clear and obvious.

I very much doubt that company mont blanc were making people aware of Article 9 of the japanese constituion rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DonC, "you have the right to a private life"

Irony?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
WiRED wrote:

A less than helpful reply.

Article 9 in the Civil Code of France relates to personal privacy. I'm not sure how it relates to the slopes there.

Plucking at straws, perhaps there was someone famous in the vicinity and the clause was posted temporarily to prevent the papparazi from snapping them.
Perhaps the area was on or near someone's property and they were exercising a right to privacy.

tbh, without knowing more about the context it's hard to tell.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, apologies, it was a bit flippant.

I googled 'Article 9' and the second hit was 'Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights - Wikipedia ...'. I read the OP 'some had put up a notice' as someone had just fly-posted to make a political point (a la Save the Whales). Re-reading it, I see it could be an official notice in which case, as feef points out, we would need more context.

Meanwhile, I'll get me coat...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Given the location perhaps it's a French version of rule 5 ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or, indeed, a comment on the FIS rules à la Aleister Crowley?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
or Mark Kermode's Code of Cinema Conduct, article 9:

"No Hobbies
This includes knitting, drug dealing, model aeroplane assembly, fighting, having sex and updating Facebook."
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would get into trouble for "having sex and updating Facebook" if I was doing both at the same time.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
I would get into trouble for "having sex and updating Facebook" if I was doing both at the same time.

Can see it might be handy for the lad/girl about town to switch "in a relationship" on or off around the deed itself. Cos then it wouldn't be cheating right?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:

I guess changing status to "in a relationship" would be accurate.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman, shouldn't that be "in a relationships", "not in a relationship" "in a relationships", "not in a relationship" "in a relationships", "not in a relationship" "in a relationships", "not in a relationship" "in a relationships", "not in a relationship"
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
9: Runs should be measured by quality and not quantity. It doesn't matter if you skied that black 25 times, one set of fresh-tracks out of sight of the piste is immediately worth more.

Probably quite relevant for Chamonix
latest report
Boris, that's what I was hinting at. wink
snow report
laundryman, Smile
ski holidays
Boris, don't you mean, "mostly in a relationship", "partially in a relationship", "mostly in a relationship", "partially in a relationship", "mostly in a relationship", "partially in a relationship", ...

or is that TMI??
snow conditions
under a new name, or is that what "they" refer to as, "ski in and out"?
ski holidays
I did try goggle first.it is nothing to do with human rights or privacy laws ,sex or hobbies.its something to do with the laws covering the pistes that much I could read but did not get exactly what.someone took the trouble to post a warning in English I was curious to know what it's about.
snow report
Is article 9 the one about wearing clean underwear in case you get hit by a bus?
ski holidays
In seriousness is it connected with the regulation in France that says that you can't wear a mask to cover up your face and therefore avoid idenitification? I remember it cropping up on SH a few years back as it implied that you couldn't wear face masks to keep out the cold etc. Perhaps in someway connected with this http://www.loc.gov/lawweb/servlet/lloc_news?disp3_l205403078_text

There is a mention of the legislation in this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=84320#1940705 but I am sure there was a dedicated thread somewhere that I haven't found yet.
snow report
Obviously a zone for telemarkers innit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_9_of_the_European_Convention_on_Human_Rights
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy