Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Book package now for 1st week in April or wait?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning a trip 30th March to probably Cervinia or Tignes.

On a bit of a budget and hoping to get Scotland flights. Crystal currently have deal for Petit Palais in Cervinia that seems to meet all our requirements for a good price all inclusive plus free drinks (£539).

We've been keeping an eye on Tignes too and it seems prices have gone up or some places no longer available.

So anyone care to speculate if more deals will come up (usually book Crystal as they usually have best prices from Scotland) or should we snap this up before it potentially goes up again or disappears?!

Another factor we have is one or two friends may want to come but neither want to commit just now. so if we book now and either decide to come at a later date may struggle to get to Cervinia (only one holiday just now on Crystal). Currently very limited availability for singles -assuming this won't increase

So do me and OH book now or do we hang on for other deals and friends to decide Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wait and see what the weather gods bring.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chatting to one or two hoteliers in Tignes over the last week suggests that a number of people are deserting lower resorts and booking high up. On the other hand if we get a lot of snow through the rest of the winter there may be bargains in the lower resorts because of slow bookings at the moment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'd wait
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MCL, I'd suggest your biggest variable constraint was flights. (Who would ever want to ski Cervinia anyway? ugh! Oh I see a theme, you want ugly concrete buildings and flat glacier skiing?).

My understanding from many years back when I wanted to do the same thing (i.e. EDI or GLA), there were far fewer flights seats from Scotland than possible holidays so even in a bad ski year, you were unlikely to find seats if you booked late.

Your second conundrum is that you are looking at higher resorts and these definitely seem busier (at least to ski in, from simple observation, at the weekend) than the last couple of years as some of the more local resorts were struggling early in the season.

So if everyone looks high and decides that the snow's good enough today and won't (and it almost certainly won't, almost no matter what happens) deteriorate, then you will find that you have no seats and find yourself somewhere below the snow line.

That said, Tignes has bags of accommodation and I can't believe Crystal couldn't find you something if they still have flight seats to sell. Also, IME, if you want to go skiing and your mates are unsure, and you wait for them, invariably you are less happy than you would have been had you simply booked what you wanted. You can always tell them your ski stories in the pub when you get home and they've driven to Gatwick for the only flights to somewhere godawful.

What I would do then, is decide today on an airport that gives you a bit of choice (e.g. Easy fly EDI-GVA or EDI-MXP, they even still do Glasgow ski flights then) and book flights. That way at least you know you are going. The week before, use the ... internet ... (spooky music) Shocked to find accommodation and transfers.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy