Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort best for ski in/ski out

Poster: A snowHead
Stayed in Meribel Mottaret last week with Mark Warner and loved it there. Can explore everywhere in the Three Valleys from there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Another Ski Olympic fan here. Have stayed in the chalet in Reberty with them - excellent chalet and good T/O. At the price you've been offered, I'd grab it without a second thought. Likewise if they have any similar availability at the Planica chalets in La Rosiere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
I am always puzzled by claims that Val d'Isere is "chocolate box". Compared to Tignes, maybe, but still a purpose built, high altitude, big, busy, cosmopolitan ski factory. Despite a bit of wood cladding.

I don't think it's chocolate box but its a lot more attractive than the 3v resorts bar st Martin cf la plague, les arcs, ads and the majority of places which are considered main stream uk resorts. I accept they're are lots of other places Megeve, Cordon, moraine, les gets, chatel that might be more attractive than val d sere.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks everyone for your advice.....

I think tomorrow morning I'm going to bite the bullet and book Val D'Isere......offer's too tempting and I'm sure the wife will love it too....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Optimistic sir, very optimistic Wink Although if you come home down la daille and then get the bus you might be right. Both edges are good, it's just the center runs into town which are a bit pish.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Aj, you got me worried again...

raven, what was the good like at the mark warner in meribel..any issues? They got a few rooms left...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I assume you mean food. It was pretty good. As a matter of fact I just had to buy new larger salvo petted in chamonix as my others were too tight around the waist Sad

The boot room is pretty rubbish with no roo if you don't get there early. Staff were excellent.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers Raven.

AJ, you might have finally convinced me. Might go for the option you mentioned at La Plagne now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, I didn't claim Val d was chocolate box, only that it was more so than Plagne Center. By this I mean the old town in Val d with the church is very picturesque and La Plagne has nothing like this in it's high altitude villages. The OP was asking for advice against two specific locations and I felt the ugliness of La Plagne was probably something that was relevant that needed calling out.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skippyd, La Plagne and Val d are both great resorts and I have great memories of both. La Plagne was were I worked a season and Val d is where I proposed to my wife a year later Smile But as much as I love the place it's ugliness can't be defended
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Right I've done it....booked for La Plagne at the summit view chalets....

Now just need it to keep snowing over the weekend...

Cheers everyone
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skippyd, excellent option IMO. Have fun Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skippyd, Awesome, I've been on edge (pardon the pun) all day awaiting your decision. Hope you have a great time, La Plagne will be fantastic for your wife. Smile
May I recommend La Grolle in Plagne centre (just under where your chalet is I think) for a great lunch at a good price. Also the Grizzly in Plagne Villages is a great (but very small) restaurant. La Refuge in Plagne Centre is a good one for chalet host night off.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smile I will admit Fast carver is right btw - lovely inside, but by god that place is ugly outside. La Plagne though is FAB for the nervous/new - head the belle plagne way, not the aime la plagne way and it's very reassuring, and you have some great ski schools. Evo2 and oxygene and whats looks to be a new player since my last trip: http://limesnowsports.com/ski-lessons-la-plagne/

Have a great time!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'll vote for Val Thorens too. Just came back from my first week there and almost all of it seems to be ski in/out. We stayed at the Koh-I Nor Residence at the top of town (excellent place btw), and ski in/out was very well catered for across VT. The runs were all blue/green into town as well (as far as I could tell - please correct me if I am wrong).
snow report
Also Reflex is a great independent school. All the ski hosts were given a lesson with these guys at the start of our season, so first hand I can say they are good. I sent a lot of our guests their way too and they were all very pleased with them. The owner Christophe is a great guy and is married to an English lady so understands us Brits personality and culture. Reflex are based in Plagne center.
ski holidays
Thanks for the advice on ski schools

One other thing is which ski hire place do people recommend in Plagne Centre prefab lay near the Summit View Chalets and is it worth prebooking it?
snow conditions
Why France - what about somewhere like Oberlech?
latest report
skippyd, How was your holiday? How did your wife find it?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy