Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What got you into pushing it!?

Poster: A snowHead

http://youtube.com/v/F95dqXX_fJI

This, without a doubt. Full Stop.

I went and got K2 200cm Extremes and proceeded to throw myself off everything steep and deep.

I will, one day, heli-ski Alaska and I'll have that song playing in my headphones.

To the young 'uns - isn't amazing how we used to ski off piste on those mofo skinny skis!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah the 80's what a decade! My first skis were K2 190 GS Comps and boy did they shift. Teamed up with my fluorescent yellow Dachstein V6 Pro boots, buckle boots I'll have you knew none of this rear entry malarkey for me, I thought I was the RDB. Oh well I was still a teenager so some things can be overlooked Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hehehe - I had these as my first "hardcore" boots.

Got me through two seasons of racing and BASI/ARMY GOLD.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
This, without a doubt. Full Stop.

Great movie.

Quote:
To the young 'uns - isn't amazing how we used to ski off piste on those mofo skinny skis!!

Some of us still do. You've got to be in it to win it Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
AsterixTG, Wow those boots are the exact colour reverse of my Dachsteins! The clip colour was the boot shell colour and the clips were the same colour as the shell colour on your boots. My own limited racing days were in the Army as well, just one season for my Regiment which actually meant two weeks of training and one of racing. Operations got in the way of my two other opportunities unfortunately and then family. Always wished I'd done a full season.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Doug Coombs.

Later after watching the 'Steep' documentary, Stefano De Benedetti who skied some simply amazing lines in the Alps. Incredible achievements.

Closer to home, a Snowhead skiing unlikely lines in the UK has inspired me to get out there when we get some fresh wink snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I had those Salomon Integrals too - but in the two tone flouro yellow/green Force 9.0 verson. Teamed with my 196 Salomon Super Force 9 3S skis... Thought I was pretty radical going as short as that wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's all for the ladies! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scot Schmidt - simply beautiful skiing. The delicacy needed to do all that on 2m skinny planks is amazing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowboarding and Terje Håkonsen pretty much.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Plake
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing Madeye-Smiley Great track too. G - the cat is in the box - Sad Fluffy white blanket actually - quite apt all things considered
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Awesome!!

I have a friend who lives in Valdez (we have children of similar ages and got to know each other when we were expecting our youngest) and she works with her husband on mountain rescue out there and they have such an incredible lifestyle. Not just the skiing and ice climbing, but the rafting, camping etc as well. She never let pregnancy get in the way of most of it and their children grow up with it all seeming normal. The photos (and rescue stories) I see on her Facebook page are amazing!

Not that long ago, as part of his schoolwork she got her son to post a "Flat Stanley" over to us which is a paper doll that her son coloured in, that you basically photograph in various places as if it is on holiday. So, we took Flat Stanley around Hemel town centre and to the Snow Centre amongst other places and sent the photos back to them. They absolutely loved it and like most Americans, had never seen an indoor snow centre before. Or probably a fairly grotty suburban town centre.

However, I distinctly suspect there are no glamorous videos of Hemel doing the rounds in Valdez with a banging 80s soundtrack.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

http://youtube.com/v/LSXDt67zLv4

This video. Watched it on repeat for ages. Still have that song in my head every time I'm stood at the top of a nice bit of powder.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
sparklies wrote:

However, I distinctly suspect there are no glamorous videos of Hemel doing the rounds in Valdez with a banging 80s soundtrack.

Possibly not Laughing
snow report
I'm still skiing with their baby brothers integral 8.0s, 1995 vintage, if it aint broke, dont fix it
AsterixTG wrote:

snow report
AsterixTG, that video is immense, it's way before my skiing days so I haven't seen many 80's skiing videos.

I'm not sure I have started to push it, I'm always getting told to push myself more when skiing and got told I should be pushing myself more when I was deadlifting at the gym the other night which was a bit disappointing, can you just not be a pushing it type of person Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
lynseyf wrote:
can you just not be a pushing it type of person Crying or Very sad

Yes. Some of us are just not the pushing it type of person, myself included.

Still, sometimes it (pushing it) works out and you find yourself doing things you don't think you're capable of. It's a pretty amazing feeling.

(However, other times, pushing it means you fail... )
snow conditions
Blizzard of Ahhhhhh's
Glenn Plake rocks Smile
ski holidays
Tight bindings!!!
ski holidays
Trying to keep up skiing with much better people.
snow conditions
I like the bit where the dog goes mental at the sight of Glenn Plake!
latest report
AsterixTG wrote:

I had a pair of those as well! Teams with Dynastar Course SL 203's

First proper race boots! They were awesome!
latest report
abc wrote:
lynseyf wrote:

Still, sometimes it (pushing it) works out and you find yourself doing things you don't think you're capable of. It's a pretty amazing feeling.

I'm also not keen on pushing it on skis. Partly because I quite literally can't afford to get injured and partly because I'm pushing it in other areas of my life and just want to enjoy skiing on the mountains
snow report
flaming, what was the music track on that clip?
latest report
Quote:

Ahh, now where did I put my 200cm Rossignol SMs? What I miss most is the hair "styles":
http://youtube.com/v/2rD_nEbe-y4
ski holidays
For me it was Doug (RIP) ......

http://youtube.com/v/SuxFOwA7Fq0
latest report
andy1234 wrote:
flaming, what was the music track on that clip?

Oasis - F*****g in the bushes.

I was genuinely upset when I found out it was Oasis. It did not fit with my pro Blur teenage years....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
KenX wrote:
Blizzard of Ahhhhhh's
Glenn Plake rocks Smile

+1 for this

The VHS i had of this finally failed and my Googlefoo has yet to find me a DVD copy or somewhere online
snow report
Here's some of blizzard .....

http://youtube.com/v/PiJknkRe3Zc

http://youtube.com/v/HUvvjYP5aZY
ski holidays
Vessigaud, PM me, I can probably help you out.
ski holidays
jedster wrote:
Scot Schmidt - simply beautiful skiing. The delicacy needed to do all that on 2m skinny planks is amazing

Agreed, beautiful effortless technique
snow report
Plake and Schmidt did bigger jumps, but Mike Hattrup was the guy I wanted to ski like after seeing Blizzarrd of A.
snow conditions
Agreed - Hattrup always looked like he was having most fun!
snow report
Vessigaud wrote:
KenX wrote:
Blizzard of Ahhhhhh's
Glenn Plake rocks Smile

+1 for this

The VHS i had of this finally failed and my Googlefoo has yet to find me a DVD copy or somewhere online

Try Black Diamond video, I'm sure they have the back catalogues.
snow report
The only time I "push it" is if it looks like I'll miss the last lift.
ski holidays
If you are looking for Blizzard of Ahhs it comes as a 2 disc with steep
snow report
slowphil wrote:
If you are looking for Blizzard of Ahhs it comes as a 2 disc with steep

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steep-Blizzard-Aahhhs-Disc-Edition/dp/B001GIC63E?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
eng_ch wrote:
abc wrote:
lynseyf wrote:

I'm also not keen on pushing it on skis. Partly because I quite literally can't afford to get injured and partly because I'm pushing it in other areas of my life and just want to enjoy skiing on the mountains

You mean you're holding back because you can't risk injury. That's not quite the same as "not a "pushing it type of person". Some people just don't take risk well... than others. My Mom, for example, absolutely hates uncertainty of any sort. So risk, uncertainty with substantial consequence, she doesn't want to have anything to do with it! I didn't ask if she'd be interested in learning to ski. I know the answer.

I've had a few minor injuries, never while I was "pushing it" though! I've scaled back on situation when there's REAL danger of life and limb. But I do occasionally "push it" if the only danger is a fall, or even a few tumbles. The way I look at it, I've put up with a lot of "danger" in daily life (crossing the street when the light is NOT for me, riding my bike on roads that are sometimes busy etc.) anyway. So if a bit of risk brings reward to the body and mind, I'd go for it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy