Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mid-week Glencoe trip from Yorks

Poster: A snowHead
Would anyone on here be interested in sharing petrol costs on a mid-week trip from S Yorks (or anywhere on the way) up to Glencoe for a couple of days ski-ing?

Thinking of heading out late Feb/early March on a Weds afternoon to Ski Thu/Fri & return before w/end crowds.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's difficult to plan that far ahead as the snow could be all gone
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@d, clearly your an optimist, head 1000 miles south is my advice, not 400 north works every time, even if it costs a few quid more wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't be put off skiing in Scotland can be amazing but it's better to wait until a few days before and look at forecast and conditions before you decide. And be open to going to different ski area like Nevis range, cairngorm, Glenshee or even Lecht as conditions and forecast can be different and you may miss out on a great day by sticking to one when another might be much better.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Glencoe has one of the deepest snow packs in Europe this season.
Unlike the northern alpine resorts (such as Verbier or St Anton) its not suffering from a low snow year Wink

Probably an average 4m base on the upper mountain.
With much deeper sections (of approx 10m) in areas like the Haggis Trap.
I reckon its the most snow they have had since 1994. Though 2001 had similar depth
Even the BBC are taking notice of the uber-snow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-25912317

There will 100% be skiing in Feb / early March this season.
As ever check MWIS weather forecast before you go.
So long as the wind speed in <45mph then tows will be open.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the replies. Only 'testing the water' at the moment as I don't really have the time or funds available, but still attempting to squeeze in a couple of days skiing somewhere!

I'm open to resort suggestions, I just haven't been to Glencoe & it looks pretty good. Of course, I will check there is snow there beforehand & if a last minute deal comes up that's too good to refuse, I'll consider that instead.

No-one else on here fancies popping up to Scotland for a couple of days then??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not this weekend, that's for sure!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm going to Aviemore in early March after I get back from Chamonix. There is loads of snow up there but high winds tend to be a problem. I usually stay in Newtonmore, so I can easily reach all the ski areas, it can be too windy at Cairngorm but ok at Glenshee etc so be prepared to travel to a different area. Have fun!

Phil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
After having a quick look, there do seem to be some very cheap (too good to be true?) last minute deals around.

Quite a few for a week flights plus accommodation for around £150

sno.co.uk offering s/c apartment in Norway + flight for £157 (but flight is from gatwick)
http://www.sno.co.uk/ski-holidays/beitostolen-ski-holidays/

cheapskiholidays.co.uk flight & hotel in Bulgaria £145 (from Manchester)
http://booking.cheapskiholidays.co.uk/holidayQuote.aspx?a6=SKI&a10=Bulgaria%2fBansko&a8=2014%2f02%2f09&a32=7&a28=MAN&a37=1315&a29=SOF&a17=BLK_BN308&a56=A1010&a25=SC&a65=20000&pax=&ads=

Similar from icelolly.com
http://www.icelolly.com/search-results?type=3&destination_autocomplete=Any+Destination+or+Select...&country=&ski_resorts=&date=09%2F02%2F2014&flex=3&board=&duration=&depapcs%5B%5D=&depapcs%5B%5D=&depapcs%5B%5D=&email=Enter+your+email+address

Anyone used any of these companies before?

These are all going from the 9th to the 16th Feb. I've seen prices as low as £129, and half-board under £200. Looks like it would be cheaper than Scotland, just depends on whether I can get the time off.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm still tempted by Scotland at the moment. I learnt to ski in Aviemore when I was young, so probably looking at it through rose-tinted spectacles. I do remember it being painfully cold though (even under two hats, a scarf and a balaclava)

Thinking of going up in the next couple of weeks, probably on a Tuesday night, ski-ing Weds, Thurs, & Fri, then returning either Fri eves or Sat.

I will keep a close eye on the weather though and decide fairly last minute.

I'm surprised no-one on here fancies it, though. You have all been spoilt with warmer climates and gluhwein. (Or I have just forgotten how cold it was!)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Markymark29, you've not skied Glencoe or Nevis Back Corries then I take it??? Given what you like if the conditions are good you'd love it. great off piste available
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've no holiday left but I could head up on a weekend sometime soon for 2 days from Leeds if anyone was up for it.
Best to decide a couple of days before but with the amount of snow they've got and a lot more forecast it should be good for a while.
You never know what will happen up there, Scotland can be windy, wet, icy, freezing cold or closed, but I've worked 2 seasons abroad, done about 10 weeks of holidays in the alps and my best ever powder day was in the back corries of Nevis Range.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Dave,

I still haven't been yet. Was going to go up last week, but conditions weren't looking good.

I have some holiday to take, so I'm still thinking of going up on a Tues eves and skiing Weds, Thu, Fri day then returning Fri eves or Sat morning.

This way I can avoid the crowds & get an extra days skiing. At the moment, it's looking like first or second week in March, but obviously still weather dependent.

However, I've a couple of mates who have no hols left but may go on a weekend. They're not diehard skiers like myself, but if I can't get away for whatever reason, or there's another weekend later on I can go (in addition!), I'll post it on this thread & see if the are anyone fancies that instead.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all,

Dont know if any of you are still considering a trip up North this season! I am seriously looking to get a couple of days in Scotland midweek at the end of March obviously weather dependant. I am off all week 24-28th March but cant really manage Europe again as i can probably only afford to be away for 2 to 3 days that week but am reasonably flexible which ones. Would be departing from Blackburn Lancashire if that fits in with any car sharing to cut down the price and have no problems sharing a room either. Im 44 YO Male skier and am ideally looking for fairly strong skiers/ riders who like a bit of off piste if its available but am happy to travel, ski and stay with anybody who is prepared to take a chance on skiing in Scotland!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi roly,
Been indecisive about this for ages so thought if I didn't book it soon, there wouldn't be any snow left!

I've booked off 11-15th March and I will just have to chance the weather.

If you can make it up during this time (or anyone else fancies it), give me a shout, otherwise good luck & happy skiing
ski holidays
PS forgot to mention I will be heading up from Sheffield area the morning of the 11th, prob A1, A66, Carlilse, Glasgow then on to Glencoe, but fairly flexible.

Back Sat eves or Sun.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy