Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm sure her goggles don't fit right??

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

we're off to Claviere in a couple of weeks, we've bought goggles for the first time, we've already made the school boy error of thinking all goggles fit all helmets, now I know they don't!!

But i think we have a fresh problems, my girlfriends don't fit correctly, in my opinion.

There is a gap on the bridge of her nose, big enough to fit a finger up - the gap not her nose - and i'm sure this shouldn't be there, i thought goggles should fit flush to all parts of the face?

Am i right in thinking this? and if I am what problems will this cause her, I think we should get different goggles before we go.

thanks for any help
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why did you buy goggles that don't fit? Surely you can take them back for an exchange or refund?

Any gaps will result in steaming up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
howster, yes, she needs to find goggles that fit without gaps. That means trying them on, in a shop! with the helmet. Would she buy a pair of shoes without trying them on?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As pam w try them on before buying, most will sort of fit most people but there are differences and wear your helmet to try on to make sure they work with that!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks all,

should put you in the picture, she works at manchester airport and bought them in a staff sale, non returnable - don't know why this is.

we now know you should try them on in a shop and try them on with your helmet prior to buying them, unfortunately this is a bit late.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
howster, Given that she can't take them back then I suggest she doesn't worry about it. An imperfect fit is not the end of the world and if it's a real problem then she'll just have to buy another pair in resort. Don't forget that most of us skiied quite happily with sunglasses instead of goggles (in most weathers) for years.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
howster, ebay them and buy some new ones before you go snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

An imperfect fit is not the end of the world and if it's a real problem then she'll just have to buy another pair in resort.

I'd agree with this. Unless you are going to an extremely expensive resort you'll be able to buy a perfectly adequate pair of goggles for around €30.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
queen bodecia, if they're steaming up she just needs to go faster.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't see why a damn great airgap should make the goggles steam up, though it might make her eyes water a bit at speed. wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If they fit at the top but not at the bottom breathing out is likely to make them steam up, unless as under a new name suggests the wearer is getting some speed up. Although I don't claim to know any of the science behind it, it's the same reason as wearing sunglasses with a helmet rather than without makes them more prone to steaming up, less airflow at the top.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, I had to think about it as well. But I think queen bodecia, has it right. Unless there's a great big air gap at the top, in which case she definitely needs new goggles.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tighten the strap up?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, yes, I suppose your breath might waft up through the gap.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Get a new girlfriend with a different sized nose?

Either that or duct tape a false proboscis on her.

Either way should make for a peaceful holiday.
snow report
Assuming you're using them with the strap around the helmet, fixed with the button at the back.

Try switching to the terrible, park rat under the the helmet look. Normally works of they aren't going round a helmet OK
ski holidays
howster, maybe her helmet doesn't fit properly, which might make it less useful than helmets are believed (by some) to be...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy