Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

return to skiing after injury

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks. It really helps hearing stories from those of you who have managed to get over the hurdles. So pleased for your progress.

Falling is an interesting thing isn't it. I have always been pretty adverse to it, and yet on each holiday it has been a relief to get that first fall over with, and know that it isn't going to be a problem.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I 'did' my ACL February but the surgeon didn't think a reconstruction was a particular priority although he did a neat job of tidying up the meniscus (keyhole) in March.
He went off to Morzine the following day for a week's skiing - lucky devil.
It took 3-4 months of self-inflicted discomfort (understatement) to get back to the same degree of flexion as the uninjured knee but it was worth pushing it.
I too had hoped to go to Jonathon Bell's day at Hemel but left it too late to be able to fit in the pre-assessment (knee not skiing) at Wimbledon - as I live 300 miles away.
Anyway I've decided to go to Austria (about 25 miles NE of Innsbruck) for two weeks, self-catering and driving there ... and I've downloaded piste maps of everywhere within about one hour's drive and intend to start off with some cross-country skiing in Achenkirch and then head off to a place with lots of blue runs to try and remember how to invoke something approaching a decent technique, then according to how that goes just do slightly more challenging slopes for longer and longer each day.
I've decided that if I think I'm likely to fall over (which strangely enough doesn't happen very often because I use the most ridiculous contortions to avoid it) I'll just push off the skis so there's no chance of opposing forces having an argument with my knee. That's the plan anyway - hope it works. Needless to say if there's another skier / boarder within 20 metres above me I'll happily watch as they whizz by. So I'll be the person loitering by the lifts!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I use the most ridiculous contortions to avoid it

not a good idea - better to just go with it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I certainly will.
Dignity doesn't take so long to recover.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hopalong, see this article, for example, which includes the following quote:
Quote:

During an accident, don’t resist falling. That could result in greater injury

http://chiropracticlongmont.com/common-skiing-injuries-avoid/

I've read the same thing in other places, too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just back from a great week in Sierra Nevada (Spain). My knee coped very well with 6 days of skiing, on the slopes for 3-5 hours each day. Occasional niggles, but nothing worth worrying about.

The nerves were a little harder to overcome, especially at the start of the week when it was very icy. I stayed mainly on the greens, with a few blues, and focused on getting my technique right, and enjoying being on the snow again. 4 good lessons over the week definitly helped, and by the end of the week I really didn't want to stop.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
janeed, great to hear that Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
janeed, Good news. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
janeed, fantastic news. Well done.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
janeed, excellent news!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks.

I want to go back now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy