Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kirchberg?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help again please!

Still trying to decide on a destination for Christmas. Very little left in Austria, but there is an option of the hotel Seehof in Kirchberg. Must confess, had never heard of it until today, but now know it's just along the valley from Kitzbuhel, with which it shares its slopes. Doesn't feature in 'snowBase', and can't find a resort website! So, snowHeads to the rescue - does anyone know anything about this resort? Would it suit a mixed group of 30-something single skiers looking for lively apres, good skiing and a 'jolly' Austrian Christmas? Thanks in anticipation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I did ski there in january 95 this was my 1st trip ,there was some bars and resturants around ,and there is quite a bit of skiing ,and more this season with the link opening to the ski welt area ,
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dave Burt, The web site is Here I stayed there several years ago and would recommend it as an alternative to Kitzbuhel. It links into the same ski area but has a more "villagey" feel to it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave Burt, It was the second resort I ever went to, er so that's ages ago, but I've had three weeks there in total.

Ski wise it's probably a better bet than Kitzbuhel in terms of getting onto the slopes. You just hop on a regular free bus to the Fleckalmbahn gondola and you're away. I found the apres to be good fun, but the village is small so 30 odd of you will overwhelm any of the bars. You would get a jolly welcome, and I suppose a gang that big makes it's own atmosphere, but it probably depends on your idea of lively.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dave Burt, Like marc gledhill, it was also my second ever resort many years ago. I would ditto everything he has said. With decent snow it is possible to ski back to the village. I would definatley go back. A trip into Kitzbhuel is possible on the evening, but there is enough to do in Kirchberg.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the info guys - looks a definite possibility then.

marc gledhill wrote:
I found the apres to be good fun, but the village is small so 30 odd of you will overwhelm any of the bars. You would get a jolly welcome, and I suppose a gang that big makes it's own atmosphere, but it probably depends on your idea of lively.

The '30-something' refers to our ages rather than group-size - there are only 6 of us!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dave Burt, I have had 2 very good trips to this village. I admit to dancing on the table in ski boots during happy hours in this fine establishment. http://www.clubhabitat.at/winter/
Embarassed Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave Burt, Ah, Embarassed you'll be fine then. Enjoy it.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Concur with the information above - spent a week over New Year in Kitzbuhel, I think it was the milennium New Year actually! Easy to get to the slopes from Fleckahnbalm (and good connections from there), picturesque place, there'll be bars. Kitzbuhel itself not too far away.

Hope the snow gods will be kind to you, as it's pretyt low at around 900m. Highest skiing is around Pass Thurn, at 2000+ with better snow.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy