Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

the one piece ski suit... the second coming

Poster: A snowHead
Back in the 80s I loved wearing my one piece ski suit. But that got put away with my monoski many moons ago. ( they both come out on special occasions ). But lo, last season we saw salomon, Oakley and HH bring out some really expensive suits to test the market on those with the money and must have attitude. It seemed to fail, but I have a sneaking suspicion that next season they will come back stronger and by 15/16 season they will be in !!.
My only bugbear was how to keep them dry and off the wet floor of a French kharzi whilst performing the morning ritual, without contorting yourself and building yourself into a sweatfest stupor, or even unfortunately misdirecting a morning ritual into the aforementioned whilst adopting a steeplechasers gait to avoid the dreaded wet floor

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 22-12-13 1:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You wouldn't catch me dead wearing a onesie.

ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
limegreen1, The Scandi's never stopped making them. AFAIK Norrona and Sweet Protection have had a (really expensive) onsie in their line forever.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I need this so badly...

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try this one: http://www.jationepiece.com
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
One or two snowboarding one-piece suits seen at Cypress/Vancouver the other day. There will always be some sick people out there.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nothing wrong with them. I think they look good.. Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
as meh says, norrona have kept one pieces going and, tbh, standing in a cold cableway in asahidake, you start to think they could be good, particularly for Hokkaido powder and cold etc.

having said that, mine (sky blue with red flashes and decal type stripe things) from the 1980s seems to have shrunk....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There have always been quite a lot round here - both on the slopes and in the shops. I think it's only the Brits who are so self conscious that they will wear them"ironically" on a stag do or similar.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had one - black with subtle red trim. Really comfy it was, and had a bit more style than the usual ones. If I can find a pic I'll
scan it! It was really comfy, I'd happily have another!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mine was a lovely red one K2. I had it when I was learning to ski, falling over a lot it kept the snow out of places I didn't want it to be.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have one - a Where's Wally red & white colour scheme, for fancy dress day. My friends' are even worse, one in some bizarre multicolour effort, and the other in fluorescent yellow with fluorescent pink detailing.

Have to say, I love it. Will attempt to find a pic for you all to enjoy. I may be wearing a Red Indian headdress too..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Harry Flashman, Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've still got a great pink one which has been used for many a school presentation for primary school kids on how to keep warm.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My brother's housemate has a canary yellow Sweet onesie. He's 6ft 4ins German leviathan and very, very good...which you need to be to get away with it Skullie
ski holidays
Fancy dress ski day. At least we had our tops on, unlike the chap in the background of the photos (an easy option when wearing a fartbag)

Agreed that in order to get away with it, you have to be good on the slopes. Immediate failure for me.

Puzzled

P3013075.jpg by baconrashers, on Flickr

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 24-12-13 2:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Am I the only person who thinks this is cool?

http://www.adidas.com/com/apps/snowboarding/mens.php#G79134

Chavtastic!
snow report
I like the write up on this description Laughing

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazing-Mens-Ski-Suit-/271349904651?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Skiing_Snowboarding_Clothing_LE&hash=item3f2db6f50b
ski holidays
Gainz wrote:

Chavtastic!

I really hope so.
ski holidays
Tried to get a retro onesie for the daughter to take on her Uni ski trip to Val Thorens in January, went on Ebay...wow weren't they so expensive? So was in Sport Fabrk in Sion and saw the perfect one, albeit on display, for 20 chfs..bargain.
snow conditions
Gainz wrote:

Chavtastic!

In the description in mentions "The hidden zip" .... This could be it. The pick of destiny, the holy grail, or just a hidden Ip (?) .... This could be they way back, the answer to all my 80s problems !
snow conditions
limegreen1 wrote:
Gainz wrote:

Chavtastic!

In the description in mentions "The hidden zip" .... This could be it. The pick of destiny, the holy grail, or just a hidden Ip (?) .... This could be they way back, the answer to all my 80s problems !

Mine arrived this morning, tried it on and it fits great. Problem is, while wearing it I get an overwhelming desire to go and mug someone. Guess my St Anton trip will work out pretty cheap while on the slopes...
snow report
Avalanche Poodle: A talented salesman, sorry liar, selling something never to be seen dead in!
snow conditions
ski holidays
justatheory, my mates got 2 of. These, one in black, one in lime green......Norrona are excellent quality, great functionality (if you've got £1000 for each!)

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 26-12-13 17:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Plenty here Toofy Grin
http://www.fluorescentrompersuits.co.uk
ski holidays
One Piece Ski Suits are definitely on the comeback for fancy dress ski day I think. It's a lot of fun joining the people that are serious about wearing these on the slopes. I think that's why the prices are so high on the likes of ebay for this retro look.

Last season a French guy offered me over 100 euros for my retro fancy dress ski suit on the slopes when we went out for romper day.

Get some photos if you see any and send them in to http://www.onepieceskisuit.co.uk with a description of where and when and why!
ski holidays
rompertossers, what a very appropriate user name!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
justatheory I love that one!

I like one piece suits, except for the massive impracticality of going for a wee.
ski holidays
Avalanche Poodle, Is that Boris Becker?
latest report

http://youtube.com/v/EkOXtqfSVIs
snow conditions
Avalanche Poodle wrote:
I need this so badly...

Oh. My. God. It's magnificent!
latest report
Must be time to invest in Speedos and Tank Tops then Shocked
snow report
The one-piece is DEFINITELY back in fashion. My god-daughter is doing a season in Meribel and recently uploaded a photo of her, and her mates, to FaceTwat. I know for sure these are their normal/everyday ski costumes. By my reckoning 2/3 of the group are in one-pieces. What is the world coming to?

ski holidays
Avalanche Poodle,

That is gert lush.
ski holidays
foxtrotzulu, if I were you, I'd be commenting less on your god-daughter and her mates' attire and be a bit more concerned about their blank expressions...
snow report
Zero_G, She always looks a bit blank
ski holidays

This was a few weeks ago in Samoens
ski holidays
maltababy, Are they Russians?
snow report
Evidently in the states, in the 2nd hand shops, the retro onsies go flying out the door. The we can argue if the North Americans are fashion leaders in the ski attire arena.

I just sold my onsies from the 80's for 20.-. I just didn't want to wear it anymore. My personal preference is to wear a ski bib, as I don't like snow down my back, and the current trend in ladies ski pants are these hip hugger things, which are horridly impractical....

I'd settle for ski pants that properly cinch at my waist!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy