Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car parking at Arc2000 Indoor Car Height restrictions.............

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I'm off to Arc 2000 in February and wondered if anyone knew if then height restriction of 1.83m that is applied to Lac de Combes indoor car park, is accurate as I'm driving down with a roof box and really wanted to park in that car park as we are staying above there.
I have been to Arc 2000 many times as a child and was driven but no roof box present back then, and therefore cannot remember if I could squeeze my 3 series under with a combined height of around 2m !!!
The alternative is to park in the other covered car park but that is 300m away and that wont be fun lugging the luggage across the snow and ice.........I remeber that from my childhood !!!!
I have emailed the site, but the question asked was not the question they answered in broken english !!!!
Any help would be appreciated before I reserve my 80e space..........
Thanks
Paul
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep, 1.83m is accurate.

In the past we have dumped all the gear as near as possible and walked it to the accommodation, but it can be a bit of a hike. You then have the choice of the outdoor car park that you have to walk to or stick the car in the covered car park at Arc 1950 (much higher restrictions) and get the lift back to 2000.

The car parking/ height restriction issue is one of the reasons we stay in Arc 1950 now, much easier to get the luggage to the apartment.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can you not drop the luggage off and then go and park in the other car park? Or take the roof box off?

We have a passat, and with the roof box it's 1.85m I think, so you'd be tight into the Lac de Combs, I reckon!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As far as a I recall from this Xmas the parking (7 I think but I don`t know the name), which gives direct access to Place Olympique by elevator would have been just fine with a roof box on. It struck me as being quite high compared to many underground car parks in the Alps. Email the tourist office, I found them very helpful with parking queries and all sorts of things! We needed to move around the resort in the evening and for shopping with someone who could not walk far so direct access to facilities from our 4x4 was essential.

Parking into chalet Altitude required the removal of a box from a 4x4 but you would probably have been ok with a box on an ordinary car. Individual chalets will answer that for you.

We generally arrive in resort with box on top, remove it, then drive in to the car park, only putting it back on again for the journey home. In somewhere like Arc 2000 I don`t imagine most folk would need to use the car generally, never mind the box, whilst there!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy