Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last min ski trip, any late spaces anywhere?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, has anyone got any late, last min spaces on any trips?

I was meant to be working in Scotland, and was hoping to grab a couple of days skiing there, so got my skis serviced, my kit washed, got all excited ..... Then it all fell through.

With all my ski things sat in the lounge looking at me, and time on my hands, I can't stay at home!

So I'm free at zero notice to get some snow, way too last min for my usual partners in crime, so was hoping to join in with some others who are ready to roll.

I'm 42, skier, loves reds, pretends to like blacks (if they are groomed and it's sunny and wide and empty etc), first lift / last lift concept on good days is fine, but lunches and Après on zero visibility, blizzard days. I'm a low maintenance personality, life's to short for stress.

Any location, any budget is fine, as "home and bored" when there is snow is simply a tragedy!

Save me, snow heads, save me .....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,
I'm 67 yo male intermediate skier looking for same. I have my eye on this so looking for someone to share with.
http://www.icelolly.com/search-results/more-info?key=M3xkaXJlY3R8RjBGRENEODU4OUM5MzRFMTY0QkQ5NzZBNkMyRjI5Mjc%3D&destination=c%3ACH&country=CH&ski_resorts%5B0%5D=saas_fee
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi, I'm in the Westcountry so really need to come out of Bristol or London airports. Will have a little look at flight options for this though, thanks for the link.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was that other topic, where someone had something all set up to ski the Sella Ronda, was looking for a mate...Snow there is fabulous, and sounds like the type of skiing you'd like.

Saas Fee conditions are also good, but this is the year to ski Italy if it's on your wish list..

other link: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=107406
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just having a little look through now, thanks for link.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hi look at the blog for gigi 9 feb les coches chatered chalet a few solo skiers booking ... see if it is anything you would fancy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hey, that does look good ...

I couldn't quite work out from the blogs and the names and the code names etc of who was or wasn't going. But to clarify for my simple mind, have a few of you booked for the 9th Feb week?

I'll drop the chalet an email to see availability.

Message me the cunning plan if a cunning plan is formed or forming!

Thanks for the heads up, I'm on the case!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi jph123 - when I last checked the Ice & Fire site, they still had 17 spaces left in the chalet (out of a total of 24). Tyler63 and I have both booked. chrish is still mulling it over. As far as I know, the other five who have already booked aren't Snowheads.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi, it all looks good, I've emailed Ice & Fire to check spaces etc, are you all flying out from different airports? Just trying to make sense of their airport transfers. But either way, I know no boundaries for a good week of skiing! I eagerly await the reply from the chalet.

Thank you for the info, very excited.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great! I'm flying from Gatwick, arriving 13.30. To fit in with a shared transfer you need flights arriving at or before 13.30 and on the way back departing at or after 2 pm. Just let Ice and Fire know your flight times and say you want to arrange shared transfer with them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OK, I'm already jumping the gun and trying to sort flights - Must focus and calm!

As soon as the chalet come back and confirm spaces ill book it.

It's meant to happen, booked, done, sorted in 24 hours, that's a job well done, the you in advance everyone!

Will post tomorrow once signed on the dotted line.

Can't sleep now ....
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smile Hope all comes through for you
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jph123 hi well the crowd is growing I have been skiing 20 years and like to get some distance in the day . going again in march with my usual bunch .. but just wanted a second one and no one could go .. hence snowheads ... looking forward to meeting you all .. I go from Manchester 7am on the sunday x
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was meant to be going to la plagne on Sunday to ice n fire chalet ginepi in la plagne but I am stuck at work offshore. I have one room booked and transfer from Geneva, if anyone wants to make me an offer. It cost me £579 for chalet and transfer but open to offers if it's any use to anyone Sad
ski holidays
Hi, what flights are you well planned folks on?

I'm struggling to tie up flights and transfers, my flights are late evening and the transfers are lunch time ish.

If all else fails I will grab a taxi, but was wondering if any of you are coming out of the South ?

Thanks
latest report
I'm flying Easyjet from Gatwick, departing 10.50am, arriving 13.30. Coming back depart Geneva 14.10, arriving Gatwick 14.40. Hope you manage to find something that works.
latest report
Hi jph,
There are two spaces on a trip to Les Gets, catered chalet leaving Sunday. Price was £650 but happy to accept £500. The group is currently 20 people of both skiers and boarders of a range of abilities and ages (mid 20's -40). Let me know if you're keen.
snow report
If you fancy lots of snow in Tignes try;LAST MINUTE DEAL!!! 55% DISCOUNT! One chalet left - Chalet Attique 38 - 8th Feb 2013 Chalet sleeps up to 8 people, 3 bedrooms. Just £249 per person First come first served! If interested email info@thetigneschaletcompany.com
snow report
Hi jph123,

Apologies to jump on your thread but I thought that I might be able to help

If you get in touch direct (heather (at) ice-fire.co.uk) we can give you loads of info about other transfer options if you have already found flights, or make flight suggestions which fit with the transfers if you prefer to go down that route. It's usually very easy to get to us from Geneva even if you can't do those times.

Hope that helps . . .
ski holidays
Hi jph123: If you are in the West Country, Easyjet have a flight from Bristol leaving 7.05am, arriving 9.45am, and on the way back leaving Geneva 16.35, arriving Bristol 17.20.
snow conditions
Hi, I'm on the case, got captured by the adult world of work yesterday. Now escaped and working on the important stuff. Thank you for the info, looking at it now.

You are a star.
ski holidays
jph123 my flights from Manchester get in and leave at similar times to the above .. so can maybe hook up in airport for the wait to be picked up ..bar anyone!!
snow conditions
Hi, are you all flying in and out go Geneva?
latest report
yes as the chalet only picks up from Geneva ... but if you want to make your way there .. think Grenoble and chambray are the closest if you want to jump a taxi ... or blog on here to see if anyone heading that way ... but will be very expensive to taxi from Geneva . its a good 2.5 hour drive .. driven to alps in that area a few times in the past ..be cheaper to drive and fly from manchester lol !!
latest report
Altibus does transfers from most airports in area and would be much cheaper than taxi as it's a shared transfer
snow conditions
Was in Ice & Fire's Chalet Campanules in les Coches last week. Staff and owners are great.
Travelled on my lonesome through GVA & they transferred me down with a company called cool bus.
You're absolutely right to give it a go, hope it works out for you.
CW
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy