Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wazza on the jump

Poster: A snowHead
Warren smith coaches celeb's on skis now on C4
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't seen it but it's getting panned in the papers.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What BASI level is Graham Bell at? See him wearing his badge on his Nevica sponsored jacket.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The first episode is literally on now - it's the normal tacky reality stuff but it features skiing so I'm watching!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm really liking this! Better than the usual crap that's on tv!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah, it's actually quite fascinating - as a bit of newbie to skiing, it's quite nice to see people who aren't necessarily that proficient!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wozza is making very good progress with Amy Childs
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Who is that Henry guy? Christ he is annoying.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are watching too - Go Sir Redgrave! Anyone else desperate for a go on the course?

Henry is from made in chelsea show I think.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yep want to go play at this, was there any doubt Sir Steve was going to wipe the floor with them on something that needs a degree of fitness?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nicky clarke is more camp than a row of tents
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm sat here saying to the mrs I would love a go at that. Let me guess, we all think we would beat the winning time as well?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
frenchst wrote:
What BASI level is Graham Bell at? See him wearing his badge on his Nevica sponsored jacket.

His recent snowboarding badge maybe: http://graham-bell.com/news/graham-bell-gains-his-basi-snowboarding-qualification

Interestingly, Redgrave apparently also a BASI instructor: http://www.wheretoskiandsnowboard.com/news/ski-with-the-olympians/

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sun 26-01-14 21:55; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ricklovesthepowder, Yep Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The baby skijump doesn't look too bad either!
snow report
I'm about to watch it. Someone told me Steve Redgrave was doing a good job on the GS Laughing
ski holidays
And quite fancy a go at all the other things except the skating they are doing!
ski holidays
davkt, tell you what I bet that jump is actually quite scary - fair to play to them all, even though I laughed all the way thru it
snow report
Anyone know what the jump is they are using?
latest report
red 27, Quite probably when you are sat on the start rail but still looks fun!
latest report
My goodness, if Redgrave is BASI qualified that is staggering. He was an awful skier in my opinion. Virtually no clean carves through any of those turns. BASI level 1 maybe, I think he'd struggle with anything higher.
snow report
L1 http://www.ski-buzz.co.uk/news/sir-steve-redgrave-becomes-basi-president/
http://www.basi.org.uk/docs/New_%20President_Sir_Steve_Redgrave_Sept_2012.pdf
snow conditions
Some painfully bad skiing with cringeable quotes from D list celebs. The jumps actually look quite serious for the length of time some of them have been on skis, surprised the HSE culture allowed it especially with the ACL threatening forward fall shown from practice but doesn't really make for good TV. I notice while they give them mini jumping skis they don't give them free heels Toofy Grin
snow conditions
But the ladies are doing skeleton bob tomorrow. That looks pretty scary to me!
snow report
A frightening insight into how low the skill of the British rec skier really is given that Clarke and the fur bloke presumably had done a fair bit of skiing before. Redgrave was unbelievably wooden - arthritis setting in?
ski holidays
joe1978 wrote:
But the ladies are doing skeleton bob tomorrow. That looks pretty scary to me!

I've been down the bobsleigh in la Plagne. That was scary enough for me.....
latest report
fatbob wrote:
A frightening insight into how low the skill of the British rec skier really is given that Clarke and the fur bloke presumably had done a fair bit of skiing before. Redgrave was unbelievably wooden - arthritis setting in?

Yeah it is odd - I was thinking maybe just the curse of cameras often highlighting the bad, but have a shot of me on hemel on sat looking much more like a human being rather than a piece of wood. And I'm very very average for a brit holiday skier. Told to look stiff for the cameras? Shot chosen from a big set especially for the least competent looking to play it up for the show?
snow conditions
I'm a three times a year skier with 40+ weeks under belt and I'd like to think I'm a very decent skier. Last year I had a go at a giant slalom and videoed it. I looked awful! I thought I was fast but the video made me look painfully slow. Seemed really stiff too. Think it's something to do with looking ahead at the gates and worrying where you going to start your next turn. Very different to your technique just coming down any piste where you can choose your turns.

PS I really enjoyed the programme but as I was watching I was thinking 'I bet some people will go on snowheads and moan about it'.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think a moan is in order - the production is pretty terrible. That haggard old yoke Davina making SHOUTY NOISES about SOMETHING VERY EXCITING does my head in. Also, I'd have been much more interested to see more of how the skiiers progressed from totally hopeless to not entirely useless, ie the actual coaching from Warren etc. No atmosphere, and Z list celebs. Similarly, the way they shot the GS, with a side view of peoples heads was fairly rubbish. However, it was skiing, on the telly, so Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Ricklovesthepowder, a.j., Henry isn't from Made in Chelsea, although he definitely could be. He's a fashion writer apparently, can't say I've ever heard of him though
snow conditions
Handy Turnip wrote:
The first episode is literally on now - it's the normal tacky reality stuff but it features skiing so I'm watching!

Pretty much this /\.

I'm not going to comment on the skiing ability of the "stars" because it look slike some have made good progress but if any of those are BASI then god help us all.
snow report
I felt it made 'Splash' look like quality tv!! absolutely pants Evil or Very Mad
latest report
Henry is the son of an ex (I presume) M.P. who was investigated over the payment of expenses to his relatives for "keeping it in the family" research work. He has used his 5 minutes of fame to carve out a living as a "socialite", fashion writer and party planner. The "flamboyant" Henry is easily googled. Apparently.
red27, if you think Nicky Clarke is camp how would you describe Henry? Or did you get them mixed up?
ski holidays
garethjomo wrote:
I'm a three times a year skier with 40+ weeks under belt and I'd like to think I'm a very decent skier. Last year I had a go at a giant slalom and videoed it. I looked awful! I thought I was fast but the video made me look painfully slow. Seemed really stiff too. Think it's something to do with looking ahead at the gates and worrying where you going to start your next turn. Very different to your technique just coming down any piste where you can choose your turns.

I wasn't thinking about the GS, where I thought they looked fine tbh (i've been video'd doing slalom too, and was horrible) it was the hemel runs of the 'good skiers' that shocked me.

Richie from not skiing to even doing the course is great, I'm glad he made it through.

I enjoyed it! Great to see some wintersports on the tele.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 27-01-14 15:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I was fascinated by the clear lens goggles - looked like jockey goggles - never seen them on the slopes - a gimmick, so that we can see their faces or useful in a flat light
snow report
What a load of garbage!
snow report
When you said wazza I thought you meant Wayne Rooney. Now that would have been funny
snow conditions
Couldn't watch it live as Davina the fog-horn brings me out in hives but I'll give it a go on c4 player (ff through the Davina bits).
snow report
a.j., I thought Richie was fantastic. He had never skied before and progressed hugely in a short space of time.

I'd agree that it was the footage from Hemel should come with no excuses and for the amount of skiing some of them had done I was shocked at the lack of bad posture and technique. I think this clearly shows that the huge majority of Brit holiday skiers take lessons for the first week or so of their "career" then never seek further instruction 'cause they think they are fantastic skiers. This bravado was evident from Redgrave who said to Davina (when she was massaging his ego with LOUD SHOUTY STATEMENTS) "yes I've done a lot of skiing". That may well be Steve, but take lessons on your next holiday Wink
snow report
FastCarver74, He is BASI L1.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy