Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot buckle tension??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I never know how tight the boot buckles should be.

Any pointers? Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
glisser, err.........well I keep them firm, but comfortable, mine can be uncomfortable if they are too tight.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Someone will be along in a while to tell you not to do them up and to get some lessons. You see, good skiers don't bother tightening boots up, glisser and most of the time find they can leave a ski at home so they only need to use one boot. This gives them the option of dribbling a football while zipper lining moguls and playing intimate footsie in the apres bar scene with the other aspiring ski instructors.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
glisser, moffatross, has you at the expense of an in-joke at the moment - take it as a sign that you will fit right in around here.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
glisser, somebody once told me that the top ones should only be as tight as you can do up easily with one finger and the bottom ones only need to close the front to keep the snow out. Can't remember who though - maybe it was moffatross. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
moffatross Can real skiers ski wilst juggling as Id love to
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w wrote:
glisser, somebody once told me that the top ones should only be as tight as you can do up easily with one finger and the bottom ones only need to close the front to keep the snow out. Can't remember who though - maybe it was moffatross. wink

Similar advice is given by alot of boot fitter. Most important thing to get tight is the stap at the top. And that the upper buckle or two of them provide heel lock. The lower buckle/s are just meant to keep the boot closed and the snow out. You'll realise if you over tighten all it does is compress the boot shell inwards and makes your feet go numb. Good measure of lower buckle tightness is that it should be tigh enough not to pop open when you flex forward but not so tight that you need to wresle it down.

Would say to have a read here.

http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/blog.aspx?tag=ski-boot-buckles
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There's no big secret. Do them up so tight that they hurt, then loosen them off a little. That should be about right.
The clips that really makes a difference are the ones nearest your ankle.
After a couple of warm-up runs, your foot starts to bed in, so you might try tightening them a bit more.
That's what I always do... but no doubt someone with more sense will be along soon....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks alot all!!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I always have to tighten by one or two turns on the buckles after lunch rolling eyes More faffing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They should be tight enough that your heel is clamped down when you're skiing or dangling your legs off of a chairlift. As above, this is mostly achieved by the buckle at the ankle.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I am years fiddling with mine so cant answer the question, I just do up my boots on the bit that feels best and go with that.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy