Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice for Depressed Skier

Poster: A snowHead
Any ideas on how I can stop myself from going mad during this ski season.

My wife as an arm injury which as kept us from climbing during the summer and now we have had to cancel our plans for sking trips at christmas and at the end of January.

even trips to the local Xscape hasn't kurbed my frustration.

P.s don't even mention going alone I value my privates too much.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Super Eagle, End Of Season Bash. Its not a holiday but a research tip with a bunch of saddos off the Internet. Worked for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Super Eagle, snowHeads trips are great! I have been to an Xscape one, and most recently the pre-season bash which was just awesome! And I am hopefully going to BLAM! (Bourg Les Arcs meet) at easter cos I'm on holiday from school. (Damn GCSEs!)
Go for it! It's awesome!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fancy attending one of the Bash's. When is the next one ????

Whilst sking in Sauze D'Olux last year we even signed up as volunteers for the olympic's which we have had to abandon.

I hope the compensation from the injury covers all the disapointment of a cancelled season.

Especially when the early snow looks as though it is going to be a bumper year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is the one Super Eagle, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=9948

Or were u thinking of Xscape?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Super Eagle, what about a "mouontain holiday"? Your partner could go for nice walks in the valley while you "test" the terrain above?????????? Can she walk? Why can't she ski with an arm injury? I've tought people with only one arm .........
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can still snowshoe walk, enjoy an open log fire, good food and good bars with a broken arm! And of course lots of shopping!!!!!!!
If you can't go for a week what about a long weekend or a midweek break to ease the pain!

www.gravite.co.uk - can help
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, You could just be as frustrated as me Very Happy I've been going away for the last several years for long weekends with mates (Wife and daughter have never skied) but impending birth of twin boys in December has well and truely screwed skiing for this winter. Still can't stop looking at webcams, snow reports and snowheads which does not help. Why is it so obsesive?

I know you say that you value your privates but why can't you go on your own? I've often feared that my Wife would throw a fit if I want to go and do something but in the end she's been fine. Perhaps she might want some peace and quiet? You probably would need to compromise and only go for say a weekend but surely worth an ask? Mind you in my situation I really would have no privates if I tried to go this winter (doesn't stop me from thinking about it!) even though ironically with three children I'll be soon off to get my privates done wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Reed, i'm thinking two birds with one stone here: spend the money for the op on a week in the mountains and your mrs will do the job for free Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin, Can't swing it as it'll be done Blush on the NHS. And the cost of divorces can be prohibitive I believe......
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
go on your own and damn the consequences.. surely th elove of you life wont begrudge you a trip with the lads if she cant go..? would you stop her going if the roles were reversed.. Puzzled

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 28-11-05 16:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Many of the people on training holidays, Ski Club of GB Freshtracks holidays and some chalet holidays- eg Mark Warner adult chalets, are men - and sometimes women - who can't ski with their partner for some reason. A week(end) at Champneys with one of her friends or a sister might be some recompense ?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My Wife loved Champneys as we've got one 5 miles down the road. Mind you it'll cost you an arm and a leg wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
- But that sounds cheaper than the "alternative" mentioned above !
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Put her on miniskis.
ski holidays
Thanks for the suggestions M8

Tche problem with my wifes arm involves the nerves so any form of movement is very painful. She wish's it had been broken as it would have heald by now but unfortunately they are still trying to diagnose the exact problem. The experts think it is the Ulner nerve which i beleive as something to do with the funny bone. so although she could ski the risk of her falling and cuasing further damage is too great. Plus the insurance company wouldn't insure her.

She loves ski-ing as much as I do and the fact that I went to the Xscape on saturday caused major rumpous. To ski without her just frustrates her more as it is her favourite sport as well.

however the good news for me is that i have been looking for a week at the end of Jan for myself but then i would be travelling as a single so what would everyone suggest.

drive and stay in hotel, snow coach or snowtrain so that i do not incure single suppliments.
snow conditions
Super Eagle, I did the same as you (after I tagged onto a group late). I booked a flight and transfer through Inghams to Geneva and went to Flaine having booked an apartment through erna low but you can just as easily book it through the letting agents in the resort (I think you can do it on-line but I've always wanted to do funny days so you need to speak to them) and it didn't work out too bad (~£300 IFIRC - mind you the apartment was "a bit basic") and I had a cracking time. See www.flaine.com

Another thought is going finding somewhere with a hostel or a "backpackers". You should be able to get coaches from Geneva airport to most ski resorts (see www.gva.ch ) and a decent deal with EasyJet or the like. You don't need to be tied to tour operators these days. If they can't accomodate you then sc** them and do it yourself.
ski holidays
Supereagle

I'll let you know if we have a groups of guys book who don't mind an extra person along to ski with them. We have a couple of enquiries pending so might be able to squeeze you in with them.
Otherwise can't you bring the other half and she could chill out on the couch all day eating chocs and reading chic mags (like women love to do) and still enjoy the apres ski at the chalet in the evening!!!
Might cost you a bit in chocs and mags though!!!
ski holidays
A wife who begrudges you enjoying yourself without her is not a true friend.

Dump her.
snow report
http://usa.myswitzerland.com/en/infra.cfm?rkey=607

http://www.onthesnow.com/help/snow/swiss.html

http://www.youthhostel.ch/home.html?&L=1

http://www.champery.ch/web/

http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Champery.shtml?snowforecast_sid=9812079eba906987aecf618c97675f89

The guys at work use these links - the youth hostel gets booked early - but hey go alone or twos rarely as a group .....

I have 3 weeks on my own to go skiiing this winter and I only have to attend 1 week with a wife, a 6 yr old and a 4 yr old - the 6 yr old gets vertigo before we get in the cable car standing on the mountain.........
ski holidays
Super Eagle

I am allowed by my wife to go skiing each wimter.

As a single I would head for Switerland as many of the hotels have single rooms a no supplement. As the poster above suggested i would go Easyjet to Geneva and then by train using the pass you can buy for about £54 which is a return to anywhere in Switzerland. If you want somebody to ski with choose a resort with a Ski Club rep join the Ski Club 1/2 price in resort.
Ihave done this for the last three years with no problems.
ski holidays
Quote:

plead with her super eagle.....

You're joking, right? It's not pleading that's required, it's a swift kick in the proverbial (Super Eagle, if you'd like to send me your home address, I'll pop round to do the honours! wink ).
If one's spouse finds themself in the uneviable position of being unable to ski, and then objects to one going off skiing without said spouse, then one needs to find oneself a matrimonial lawyer - fast.
Begrudging you the pleasures of skiing just coz she can't enjoy them is just not on.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy