Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving down for half term thread.

Poster: A snowHead
So who is driving down this weekend?

We are driving overnight on Friday to Val Thorens to get Saturday skiing.

Getting the 18.35 Ferry, straight up to the Brasserie restuarent.

Going down in a light Blue Grand Scenic. All ipadded up.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Me!

20.00 overnight ferry on Friday 14th from Hull to Rotterdam, I'll jump the landing bridge as it is lowered then hit cruise control at 80mph for the journey to Sestriere and arrive the same day.

Two full weeks of (hopefully) powder skiing!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
4.20am shuttle on Saturday morning en route to Warth. Hoping to be there between 5 and 6pm.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Me too, catching the 5.30pm from Dover to Calais with myferry or whatever they're called nowadays.

Bit concerned by the forecast, as my wife is a bit phobic about boats at the best of times, let alone in the midst of a gale!

Unfortunately all eurotunnel slots for tomorrow appear to be fully booked Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We're on the tunnel 22:50ish tomorrow then overnigbt to Andorra,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We're on the tunnel 22:50ish tomorrow then overnigbt to Andorra,
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
55mph winds forecast for friday evening according to xcweather.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brussels to St Anton, Fri night with a stopover to arrive refreshed on Sat morning!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking forward to an extra 15 mins in bed every day next week...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
queen bodecia, Whats his name?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blahblahblah, Kindle wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hopefully on a 9.30 ish tunnel Saturday morning, expecting delays & bad traffic but no way to avoid it this time, hope to be sitting on our sofa in Oz with a beer around 8.30pm Cool
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Leaving Lincs at 5pm today (thank you, teacher training day Smile), overnight in Ashford then a civilised 720am Friday Eurotunnel. Hoping to be in Morzine early tomorrow evening.

Fair play to you through-the-night drivers, too old for that game. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're driving! Two cars going to Bourg St. Maurice. 9pm (ish) ferry on Friday and through the night to BSM. Expecting hell on UK side and ferry crossing, but hoping for a clear run on the other side.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are! Leaving Peterborough at about 7pm ish on Friday to get to the tunnel for 11pm. Driving through the night to get to Oz en Oisans on Saturday morning! Very Happy
latest report
just seen weather forecast, glad we're on the tunnel!!!
latest report
20.30 tunnel then on our way to Bourg Saint Maurice for a week in a log cabin ..and Les Arcs wink
snow report
gotta love these overnighters
snow report
10pm tunnel for us then steady drive down to Morillon and the GM for our second week of the season. Driving through night whilst Mrs jirac and kids sleep. Be there for breakfast into the apt for 10 am sort kit out and ski all afternoon.

Just seen latest BBC weather forecast and it looks like it's going to pretty stormy down through northern France too. (should keep me awake! Skullie )
snow report
Early finish work , depart Luxembourg approx 16:00, Overnight in Annecy, hopefully in VT by 9-10 sat morning
snow report
I am driving down to Mottaret for 8 days. Was on the midnight ferry Friday, hoping to arrive for a ski by Sat lunchtime.......however........ those of you with ferries booked read it n weep Sad Good Luck to us all
Met Office Marine forecast
North Foreland to Selsey Bill
Strong winds are forecast
For coastal areas up to 12 miles offshore from 0001 UTC Fri 14 Feb until 0000 UTC Sat 15 Feb

24 hour forecast:
Wind:Southwesterly 5 to 7, backing southeasterly 6 to gale 8, then veering southwesterly later, gale 8 to storm 10.
Sea State:Moderate or rough, becoming very rough or high. Weather:Showers then rain. Visibility:Good, becoming moderate or poor.
Outlook for the following 24 hours:
Wind:Southwesterly gale 8 to storm 10, perhaps violent storm 11 in east at first, decreasing 5 to 7 later. Sea State:Very rough or high, perhaps very high at first, becoming moderate or rough later. Weather:Rain or showers. Visibility:Moderate or good, occasionally poor.

Shocked Shocked Shocked OMG!!!
My Ferry was booked for Midnight Friday Skullie I cant see any sailings happening before Saturday night.
....So we are now going via Eurotunnel on Le Shuttle, 00:50hrs on Sat, surely that wont be affected by the weather Puzzled That's if w don't get swallowed by a sinkhole on the road to Folkestone
Confused Puzzled
snow conditions
At present the worst forecast for Dover is possibly Force 10 "later" - which in the context of that forecast means after 1000 today. The worst might have blown through by this evening. The ferries can operate in very high winds and have good stabilisers - no need to despair but possibly stock up on the Stugeron and start taking it asap. Don't wait till you're about to get on board.

I hope there are no severe delays and everybody makes it without too much drama and has a terrific week skiing; conditions look pretty good in most places. snowHead
snow conditions
Problem is a force 10-11 blowing southerly or south easterly makes the Dover entrance difficult. Better than a Notherly as that affects Calais more than Dover as the harbour is less protected. They often need to use tugs in a strong Northerly in Calais.
snow conditions
Eurotunnel still showing a little availability overnight, good luck to anyone escaping the UK today by whatever means, I look forward to joining the queue at the tunnel in the morning and seeing the, "delays due to earlier technical problems" message Very Happy
snow conditions
Got through ET fine last night Cool currently enjoying a late brekkie in Reims Cool

How's the tunnel this morning? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
euro tunnel 10 pm ish overnight drive to austria. i love a road trip
snow report
The ferries certainly are well stabilised nowadays - although a very rough sea on Sunday when we came back it wasn't tossing around at all - huge waves, or their spray right up to the top and over at times. The other thing is to not let any young have a bowl full of chips just before boarding, may live to regret it a bit later. Good luck to everyone.
ski holidays
Heading for a tunnel crossing around 9pm tonight. Rendevouzing at Ashford (since I can't get a train from London to Reading to meet there due to the flooding), and then join the madding crowd at Folkestone. Once we eventually get through it's a non-stop(ish) cruise down to Morzine. I'm desperately clicking re-fresh on this thread to see if anyone posts about queues building up at the tunnel.

if you see a black Landcruiser with blacked out windows trundling up behind you, then be nice and pull over... although judging by the speeds that have been quoted on these threads recently, it'll be me being overtaken! Cool
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Passed the tunnel 30 mins ago and no problems there at all, likewise at the ferry port, m20 has a lot of standing water and spray but as long as someone doesn't bin in on there all should be good. And dare I say it winds and rain easing here now Very Happy
snow conditions
FYI
Email from P&O just now
So glad we're going through the pipe!

Dear Mr....
Due to the expected severe weather in the Channel later today we expect delays to this afternoons sailings with extended crossing times, or delays berthing. We can also expect knock on delays through until Saturday 15th February 2014.

Good luck guys...See you on the other side Very Happy
ski holidays
Welsh half term is next week so missing all the English holiday skiers and Paris holiday. Leaving next Friday to catch the 11:20am tunnel and then staying at Troyes overnight before getting to Chamonix early afternoon.
ski holidays
Quote:

Welsh half term is next week so missing all the English holiday skiers and Paris holiday

that what's you think.... Laughing
snow report
pam w, I meant welsh half term starting last week of Feb. who else is off during that time?
snow report
Jonesj, Paris.
snow conditions
Came over on the tunnel this morning. One of the quietest times at the tunnel terminal I have known. Quiet on motorway down to Dijon and weather ok . Good luck with the UK weather.
ski holidays
I thought Paris was next week (17th). Or do they have 2 weeks?pam w,
snow report
There's so many of them, they get two weeks. I'd go to Italy. wink
ski holidays
Agree with Jerby, one of the easiest runs ever. Straight onto the 720 Eurotunnel with no queues, off at Calais just after 9, arrived in Morzine by 630 with one shopping stop & one snack stop. One small peage wait just after Geneva. Very mild here.
latest report
30 minute delays at the tunnel currently according to the BBC due to 'volume of traffic' Puzzled
snow conditions
Nick D, not surprised, given that a lot of people have had to switch from the ferries.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy