Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots question and Hi

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I am going skiing for the 2nd time in 3 months coz I love it and have bought some brand new boots. But being a noob I have a few questions about them.

They have 3 positions on them, one is legs upright sking and the other 2 are for leaning left /right. I am an advanced beginner I suppose ( just trying to perfect parralel turns) What are the positions that I wouldneed please?

I have bought some skis aswell pics attached and was wanting to know if they are any good, I think new they are 599 euros but I paid 80 secondhand.

These are the boots.

http://www.skieur.com/media/Guide_Matos/Chaussures_2014/img/wedze_2014_rns_100.jpg

and these are my skis

http://www.skieur.com/dynastar-contact-groove

The first time i skied was in December after a lay off of 30 years Very Happy

The ski boots that I rented felt like Divers boots hence the Purchase.

Thanks alot guys
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SH..

I suspect the settings refer to the canting of the top of the boot.
I would have expected the boot fitter to ensure that this is set when he/she fitted the boot for you.
really if in doubt its probable best to return to the 'Neutral' position.
If you do make adjustments, make sure that any screws are re tightened.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Bob

Xhat does the canter do then?

Thanks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can adjust the canting yourself:

1) Take out the liners of the boots.
2) Put your feet in just the shells of the boots and clip up all of the buckles loosely.
3) Stand on a flat floor with your feet a "natural" distance apart.
4) For the next step you either need to be in front of a mirror or preferably get the help of someone else to look. Your calf should have approximately the same amount of room to the top part of the boot on each side of your leg. If this is the case, you don't need to do anything.
5) If your calf is much closer to one side or other of the top part of the boot you need to adjust the canting. Loosen the screws, change the angle of the top part of the boot, re-tighten and return to step 4.
6) When you are done, put the liners back in the boot. Double check that the canting adjustment is done up properly.

M
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent answer!!

So its just in case you walk like John wayne then lol

What do you reckon of the skis ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
glisser wrote:

Dynastar are a well respected brand, but that's a lot of money for a 4 year old model. Skis wear out without ever being skied, I think you could do a lot better elsewhere.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hyperkub wrote:
You can adjust the canting yourself:

1) Take out the liners of the boots.
2) Put your feet in just the shells of the boots and clip up all of the buckles loosely.
3) Stand on a flat floor with your feet a "natural" distance apart.
4) For the next step you either need to be in front of a mirror or preferably get the help of someone else to look. Your calf should have approximately the same amount of room to the top part of the boot on each side of your leg. If this is the case, you don't need to do anything.
5) If your calf is much closer to one side or other of the top part of the boot you need to adjust the canting. Loosen the screws, change the angle of the top part of the boot, re-tighten and return to step 4.
6) When you are done, put the liners back in the boot. Double check that the canting adjustment is done up properly.

M

What about footbeds, I'd think any footbed normally used in the liner needs to be placed in the shell before checking the cant?

Edit: yes you can DIY, but do also consider having an expert check this as a bad setting could mess with your knees.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:
glisser wrote:

Dynastar are a well respected brand, but that's a lot of money for a 4 year old model. Skis wear out without ever being skied, I think you could do a lot better elsewhere.

Surely 80 euros wasn't a bad price, assuming condition is ok?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
balernoStu wrote:
Spyderman wrote:
glisser wrote:

Surely 80 euros wasn't a bad price, assuming condition is ok?

Your link says they're 599 Euros, 80 Euros is fine.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Spyderman, 1st post says €80 second hand.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah 80 euros

Little chipped on top but soles look ok , not that i know what to look for. They have been waxed aswell.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy