Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Emily Sarsfield Olympic bid-please sign petition.

Poster: A snowHead
ansta1 +1
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unfortunately I suspect the BOA officials suffer from both ignorance (of the Ski Cross event and the fact that that Emily is in a position to "deliver a credible performance") and arrogance (we are the officials and we've made our decision) - a deadly combination! Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alastair Pink wrote:
Unfortunately I suspect the BOA officials suffer from both ignorance (of the Ski Cross event and the fact that that Emily is in a position to "deliver a credible performance") and arrogance (we are the officials and we've made our decision) - a deadly combination! Evil or Very Mad

I've come to the conclusion she must have upset someone in the BOA
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quite possibly the fact that she's managed to get to be one of the best in her field without any support from the bosses
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eng_ch, Or the BOA and BSS are just so full of their own self importance they are too proud to admit they got it wrong.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
ansta1 wrote:
I was told that today was the deadline they could submit a late entry if there was still an opening. Unlikely but fingers are crossed.

fingers crossed here too then
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think it is game over... back to France thursday... Sad Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yup game over .... From Em

"Huge THANKYOU to everyone who has supported me, signed the petition etc. Unfortunately I will not be able to take my invite to race in Sochi, however your support has help raise awareness of an issue of exclusive policies which habe no place in emerging sports, this has now been recognised by BOA and will be discussed in future meetings following Sochi ... So THANKYOU ... Hopefully other athletes won't face this situation in the future and more inclusive policies will be discussed.
I'm truly touched by all the support and I am more determined than ever ... Roll on 2018!"
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Shame on them for not giving a gutsy young lady a go at one of the (if not the) most exciting winter sports.
Something stinks in all this and I think Princess Anne, if she really gives a sh*t about her patronage of BOA, needs to find out what.
You know the address: Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think something similar happened in the men's fencing in in the summer games?? May be wrong.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ALQ, Hmm good thought time for a load of snowheads to write to hrh!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On twitter @HRHPrincessAnne wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I can smell a stitch-up a mile away and what I want to say will be deleted on twattr within minutes.
It's better I write a letter...in 3 parts Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ALQ, Well say it here then Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
halfhand, Shocked and get admin arrested?? No chance!

Your Humble and obedient servant,
D. Goldsmith
Madeye-Smiley
latest report
ALQ, Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
For the record:
I wouldn't really do that to you Dave...no, really, I wouldn't...honest guv Blush
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:
Vicsars, Who exactly are the selectors that denied Emily her place? Are they from BSS? are they from BOA? If from the BSS who exactly sits on the selection panel for SkierCross? Is is Konrad, Paddy and Dave ? Direct your questions to them specifically, sorry but a petition will do little on its own. Dont let them hide, make them accountable for their decision!!

Well I seem to be engaged in a bit of an argument with Konrad on the WTF Ski Club facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/325182624251298/ . He seems think BSS is doing a brilliant job bringing on young talent and the selection criteria were perfectly fine (like I've said several times BSS/BOA too full of themselves to even entertain the idea they got it wrong). Everyone feel free to wade in if you use that group!
ski holidays
davkt, Good for you - Bartelski appears to be a complete back bottom.
snow conditions
Stupid word filter Very Happy
snow conditions
Am quite amazed he is actually wading in, though does seem to be sticking very firmly to the party line.
latest report
Wonder if Konrad or Paddy watched Emily come in with a top 16 in the World Cup finals today...
snow report
Somehow doubt any of those involved in the selection farce will take any notice, will probably say it was rigged.
snow report
Congratulations to Emily on her 12th Position in the World Cup finals, see FIS results Very Happy

I expect Konrad and Paddy will still maintain that Emily wasn't in a position "to deliver a credible performance" at Sochi..... rolling eyes
snow report
Mr mogulski and I were there to see her get 12th place and congratulated her. We were there for the moguls finals a couple of days earlier and stayed on for the SX. A personal best for Emily, great way to end the season.
And for all the previous comments about BSS not knowing what is happening in SX, Mr mogulski and I are both part of the BSS freestyle committee - but not selectors. The committee does know what is going on, unfortunately many of those making comments on the internet do not. SX is a freestyle discipline and although many athletes come from an alpine background the sport is not managed by the alpine committee. This is not a British decision but the way FIS set things up. It would be good if people got their facts straight before making comments.
latest report
mogulski wrote:
It would be good if people got their facts straight before making comments.

I'm always happy to have the facts established/clarified. Is it not the case that Emily was offered a place by FIS to take part in Sochi, but the BSS selectors decided not to take up that place?
latest report
Alastair Pink, You are blaming Konrad Bartelski for something that was the responsibility of a different committee.
snow report
No, I think Alastair Pink is blaming Konrad for his publicly stated views.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rjs, Well I'd mentioned Konrad's name only for two reasons:
1. The BSS website states that he "is Chairman of the Selectors" at BSS
2. I believe that he has posted on social media sites defending the BSS selection policies when others have raised the non-selection of Emily Sarsfield.
latest report
mogulski, As Freestyle committee member can you confirm who made the selection decision on behalf of BSS for Emily at Sochi ?

I for one am aware that SX is a freestyle discipline. Hope you are enjoying grandparenthood Blush Little Angel
ski holidays
Konrad is chairman of the Alpine, Speed and Telemark committee and chair of that selection panel. There are separate committees and selection panels for Freestyle, Snowboard and Nordic and when no discipline is mentioned, by default, it tends to refer to alpine, hence the confusion about his role.
latest report
http://www.teambss.org.uk/media/114004/british%20ski%20and%20snowboard%20selection%20panel%20announcements.pdf
This lists the composition of all the BSS Olympic selection panels.
snow report
Can you offer any rationale behind a policy that meant an entirely self funded athlete was, in effect, penalised for the lack of snow in Europe at the start of this season and why accusations such as been incapable of delivering a credible performance were levelled against her by senior administrators of British Olympic sport?
snow report
Wow.

Are any selectors for any of the disciplines female?

BSS should learn from the 30% club!
latest report
Water under the bridge.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
Water under the bridge.

.....snow melt from Sochi! wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy