Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Japan Skiing Mid March - Where?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all -
Looking to have my first ski in Japan this March - there for work, and it would be rude not to.

Looking for advice on where to go in search of some deep pow.

I'm an advanced/expert skier - and can tackle most things, so not concerned for the easy slopes.

I'll be in Tokyo and need to find a resort which is easiest and cheapest to get to... any advice?

Thanks,

Ant
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Nagano and Niigata ski areas are pretty quick to get to from Tokyo by Shinkansen (not particularly cheap though.) You can also get various day ski packages, including the bus from and back to central Tokyo, liftpass, food etc. The big rail stations in Tokyo will have travel offices where you can get details and book these.

By mid March, you're less likely to get deep fresh snow, especially in Honshu. You'd have more chance up in Hokkaido, although it's certainly not guaranteed. There are low cost airlines like Skymark flying from Haneda and Narita up to Chitose or Asahikawa, the flight from Tokyo is a little over an hour. I guess it depends how much time you have for the skiing part of the trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy