Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets - Esprit - a kind of review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well the time had come for us to take our 4 year old on his first skiing trip, we opted to travel with Esprit, not for the childcare option more for the fact that they would only fill the rest of the chalet with other families. As it turned out 2 other families we know came with us so we had the chalet to ourselves. We stayed in the La Chaumiere Chalets in Les Gets. We stayed in Martine which is the top floor, 2 triple rooms and 2 twin rooms. The chalet had the usual sauna, hot tub, ski / board / boot storage.

On arrival our host for the week had made our afternoon cake and had our sparkling wine waiting for us, much needed after our journey.

As I mentioned before we didn’t actually book any of the Esprit childcare, we opted for a local ski school for the morning session and some of our group had the kids in the afternoon. Esprit were very good to us though because they gave us the night time childcare free of charge (cocoa club or something like that), this was probably due to it being quiet, only 3 chalets were occupied (out of 4) and as far as I could work out only 1 chalet opted for the childcare. That said, our kids only went down 1 night due to them all being wacked out after the day’s activities.

On Wednesday the chalet host is off, on this day Esprit offer the evening listening service so the parents can eat out, we did use this.

Food was surprisingly good, breakfast consisted of the usual continental items as well as a cooked option.

The kids sat down at 5:30 for their evening meal and 2 members of Esprit eat with them which was good because the adults were always sorting themselves out after a long day. We had our aperitif’s served at 7ish with the 3 course meal starting about half past 7. Dishes included lamb, duck, pork. Plenty of wine, we had 4 bottles a night with our meal. Quality of food / cooking was very good but I know this can vary from experience – I’ve had some shockers in the past!

For the kids lessons we actually pre booked this prior to leaving, we opted to use 360, our son and his mate (5) were in the same group and the 2 other lads (6 & 8 ) were in another group. All lads did really really and the 2 youngest actually got moved up a group with the older ones. All of the lads were on the chairlifts on the Wednesday (lessons started Monday morning) and all of them were doing the blues by Friday which was fantastic for us because it enabled us to take them out in the afternoon. Admittedly all of the lads had already received a few hours tuition in the UK but the speed in which they progressed on the snow was very pleasing, the instructor (Jerome) was excellent with the kids.

The adults managed to cover quite a bit of ground in the PDS area with only 1 injury in our group, ACL.

Les Gets is a lovely traditional village with just the right amount of bars, restaurants and shops and it is certainly a resort I will return to. Perfect for families.
The only downside to the chalet we stayed in was the distance to the slopes with the kids, wasn’t that far but with kids it became a chore. I believe if you take the childcare option Esprit will take the kids to the slopes (to their lessons) in their mini bus.

So all in all, fantastic holiday! If you haven’t taken your son / daughter skiing yet I recommend you use Esprit, nice bunch of people with all the services available (if you want to use them).

Now looking for our next family skiing holiday but me and the wife are considering visiting LG again in a few weeks for the weekend Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice review. Glad you enjoyed it. We were there last year in the same chalet (my review is on SH forum). There is a bit of a walk to the slopes but our kids were in the snow club so it was just adults heading out in the morning. We hired ski stuff in town and left it at hire shop over night to save walking in ski boots. I do wish the chalet was a tad closer to town as we took the kids out every afternoon and it is a slow walk with young children.

I too may return to Les Gets. Its a nice town and a short transfer. If its just you and the wife next time you could also look at Morzine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, admittedly the snow club option did look appealing after about the 3rd day of dragging the kids to and fro Laughing but this was only the negative on a fantastic trip.

Looking at Morzine too, missing the snow already and we've only been back 4 days Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Craig G, nice report. Friends of our daughter stayed with Esprit in the same place last year - one family delighted with their food etc, the other family in the second chalet in the same building and their chalet host/cook definitely still had her L plates on but they all had a good time. And agree that Jerome with 360 is excellent- our grand-daughter had a great time with him a couple of years ago.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Craig G, I know how low it feels when you get back after a fab trip. Last year I booked a weekend away within a week of return from Les Gets. This year I planned in advance already have my weekend in Feb all booked.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy