Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half term ski deals Single Mum & 7 yr old novice&intermediate

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good news, but as an aside as you have flights to Geneva, no doubt esprit would be running a transfer bus to Tignes, You could still see if you can get in if the budget allows (I don't think they give discounts for people travelling under their own steam but it's worth asking).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I asked that straight away, no reduction for own flights. They buy the flight packages in one. Plus I've bought for the 15th and their weeks are Sunday to Sunday. Did look lovely. Had there been a reduction or flights inc from Gatwick etc etc.
Thankyou for thinking of us Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You're welcome always happy to help and glad you are going somewhere at least. Of course You know what will happen now, some super cheap deal to somewhere fantastic will come up. I'd avoid looking at any late offer deals from now on to avoid that sinking feeling and just enjoy what you've got planned.

You will now be mostly frequenting the following threads

Weather - To keep an eye on the snowfall
Equipment - To find some good bargains for all that gear you are going to need.

have fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, alyefs, are you all paid and booked up now?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Shame that flights from north were extornionate. EJ flights from Bristol for 15th -22nd still pretty reasonable
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
HeidiAmsterdam, oh ya Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want to wait until next year (or go again) there's a mostly single parent group going to CIS Val Cenis in France for the New Year week. We've been doing it for years, and it's fantastic for kids. Good ski school, minibus picks them up at the door and drops them back. Creche from 3 months. Evening kids club. Cheap and cheerful lodgings but lots of good food and plenty of wine with it. Great for parents too, cheap lively bar, great gala dinner for New years Eve. But it does tend to be a bit boozy! Hip flasks on the chairlifts n all that.

Cost wise it's the best you'll find for New Year - this year we paid €470 each for accommodation, full board incl wine with lunch and dinner, AND skipass for 6 days included. Discounts for kids, think it's 20-30% off for 7 year olds. Lots of travel options - we usually fly to Geneva and hire a minibus or cars, but Paris, Turin or Lyon manageable by train.

We started the group mostly for safety reasons as it's a bit risky skiing alone with a child, especially a very young child. What happens if eg the parent is injured and has to be carted off the mountain?? There's security in a sort of collective responsibility for the kids.

Having said that I'm off to St Anton next week with my 6 year old. It's the first time away just the 2 of us.... eek!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Yep.... For all those doubting Thomas folk.... We REALLY did want to go.... Had every intention of going.... and are flying home tomorrow Smile La Rosiere rocks!
Ahhhh the evidence! The boy did well. Ski school with ESF was fabulous.... Earned his 1 Star medal and has mastered parallel on tricky blues with zero visibility!
I didn't do too bad either despite losing one of group to a stretcher descent!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Glad you are having a great time.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Photoshopped Toofy Grin Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil Razz Razz Razz

Glad to hear you had a great time Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It was truly awesome... Food was rubbish at he chalet hotel... Bit staff lovely and great family friendly pistes. French and English equally helpful and accommodating. Food out wasn't ridiculously expensive. Weather mostly good apart from a couple of zero vis days. Couldn't have asked for more really Smile
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alyefs, great stuff! Good to have the feedback. snowHead
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alyefs, I know you were keen that your son would love it - how does he feel about skiing now?

When we got back from our last holiday we were having some lunch at my parents after they picked us up from the airport, my eldest was looking really forlorn, then said, can we go skiing again. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickyJ, he absolutely loved it! Was shooting down long blues and shooshing every opportunity. He really did have a great time. Has even talked about living over there which is something I'd love to do. My French is still pretty good and came in very handy making friends with other parents of kids in ski school. He earned his ESF award and spent the last day racing through the forest tracks! Quite the natural I'd say.... Once he'd got the hang of the bumpy demon drag lift Wink

Now all we need to do is figure how to do it more cheaply next time maybe self catering with someone else in similar circumstances to ours. That would be ideal.

Pistes were so family orientated.... And all the piste staff were brilliant with kids, as were people helping us about with kit on and off the ski bus. The shuttle was free up and down the resort. Without skis etc the resort centre was only a 10 minute walk from the chalet hotel. That said, it's unlikely we'd stay in the same hotel again. The food was pretty diabolical for veggies but good enough for non veggies.... Maybe. It was quite youth hostel like with a noisy bar attached. But on the whole that wasn't a problem.

A great holiday.... And fab first snow holiday experience for my son. So pleased we made it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
alyefs, Very Happy great to hear.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy