Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

One leg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm not 10 and I _can_ do it Smile but only on gentle slopes of immaculate grooming, and nothing like as tidily as skimottaret! No magic, just endless dry slope drills as a teenager and persistance as an adult. Just try it on really gentle slopes - I relearnt to do it accompanying a nervous beginner on loops of a long green!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It also helps to ice-skate Smile where you spend your time skating on inside / outside edges on one foot with the other one tucked up by your ear! (arabesque style)
I suspect that with the loose foot having a ski on it you end up concentrating on its position to avoid hitting the snow - which means that your focus is on the wrong foot - it needs to be tucked out of the way and ignored - Scott's skiing there is the equivalent of having only one leg / foot - he isn't spending his time with the left foot going down to the ground and then back again - it is simply out of the way and he balances on the other...

Alasdair
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
akirk wrote:

I suspect that with the loose foot having a ski on it you end up concentrating on its position to avoid hitting the snow - which means that your focus is on the wrong foot -

+1 - I can ski on one ski if I am only wearing one ski. When wearing two skis, if I lift the other ski I lean over and back to counter balance and keep the tip out of the snow. Then I am a passenger.

This works, but only if you have a buddy.

On a green or gentle blue, give your spare ski and poles to your buddy. You will be able to traverse fairly easily on your strong leg. If you want to turn left, touch your right knee with your right hand. This keeps your upper body from from trying to compensate for your missing ski and the only way you can stand up is to tip your ski on edge. Make sure it is a flatish run as you will pick up some speed and hockey stops are vv difficult. Eventually you will be traversing in the opposite direction. Stand up and touch your left hand on your left knee. You will fall over a couple of times from thinking it won't work....but it does
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy