Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is 3 too young to ski?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mr Pieholeo wrote:
Yep. I learned to ski backwards, and just pootled down a nursery slope skiing switch (badly). Pie Jr just unthinkingly followed. If I'd tried to drone on about pushing one foot or the other, or twisting this or that - no chance..

That!

For anyone who wants to teach their own little ones to ski, you should at least try to ski backward a few times! Because that's what you'll be doing a lot. You'll also be surprised at how quickly you learn to turn while going backward...Smile

For kids that small, there's not much to "teach". Just ask them to follow you, or go around something soft (we use cones in kid's ski school). They'll figure it out.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pam w wrote:
mistral_ski, might be as well - dry slopes aren't nearly such fun!
Indeed we took one of ours to a dry slope when he was about 6, he hated it and was really miserable. It didn`t help that he went down with a nasty virus that evening so with hind sight he was probably not well. Took us a while to convince him he did like skiing and to give it a go again on snow. Needless to say once well and on the while stuff all was fine but it was not until he was adult that he ventured, with some trepidation, onto a dry slope again!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy