Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Servicing Your Own. Why Bother?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A few years back we had the great idea about learning to service our own skis. We went and had a lesson with spyderjon. All sounded great but to be honest once you get into it, its does require some effort and I'm a bit lazy.

We leave our skis and boards at our place in France and for a period i just couldn't summon up the energy to do them and would just hand them into the local shop. Once we learnt to board though this could add up to a lot. So I decided to give it another go.

Oh well, last week was a revelation on our boards. Shocked Shocked

We have been learning to board for a while and last week we did a lot in Les Arcs. I had got the waxing right. It amazed us on what many boarders perceived to be flat sections as they came to a stop, we would glide on past. You could tell the rented boards, they stuck like glue to the slopes, we glided.

After a long hard week last week I did dedicate some time to servicing them and have left the skis and boards ready for a correct wax fix when we arrive next dependent on snow conditions.

So thanks spyderjon, it took me a while to get into it, but after last week very much sold.

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Simple economics for me, ski mad 10yo daughter forever wanting the edges tweaking or the bases waxing on one of her sets of skis and her board mad sister is equally fussy about the state of her plank! Add to that my skis and even one round of servicing costs a fortune. Spent an afternoon with Spyderjon a couple of weeks ago and now my skis are just right and toastertalby wants me to show her how to do her skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's also very good off season ski therapy , whilst wait for the snow to fall Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I started a coupls of years ago and got some advice from Spyderjon. I find it quite theraputic: (I'd like to talk about some mystic contection I make with my skis, but having read "The Rules" for the first time last night I think it would contravene Rule 5 and also 7) then add the fact that I'm getting all the crap out of the bases and them treating them to 3-5 hot waxes, it's way more that you would get from a run-of-the-mill service
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another graduate of the syderjon academy here, and yes, it's the off-season therapy that I love. As per FatC I find getting the time sorted instead of sking (or more likely recovering) is a bot tough. So I do it when I'm out there in the summer. Means I can do the work outdoors on the balcony with a glass of vino, leave the wax on our three sets in the room overnight (no, I haven't gone as far as a hot box - there are limits!) and finish off the next day while dreamiing of the winter.

What's not to like?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy