Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another fatal collision with tree

Poster: A snowHead
krakatoa, I didn't read "twaddle" as a specific reference to this thread. It would however take a particularly substantial lack of self awareness not to recognise that many people recently have found the tone and nature of some of your recent posts (whether posted on one account or another) provocative and irritating. You may well not have intended to set out to cause that type of reaction, but you must surely be aware that you have. On the other hand there have been some nasty responses in return and some in particular had made me feel you were being unfairly treated. However, the persistence with which you seem to set out to wind people up (even when at times putting forward what at heart is a not unreasonable point of view) has gone a long way to eroding any sympathy I may have felt initially.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've long heard about the "aim for the space not the trees" mantra, which makes good sense, but as i don't ski in trees and have no intention of doing so, not being near good enough, I've never had to put it into practice.

However, when I've seen videos of very skilful skiers haring through trees I have often been struck by how incredibly close they appear to be, sometimes, to their mate in front. If the guy in front falls the chances of the cameraman making contact with a tree seem very high.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
krakatoa, But why haven't you answered the question about why you think it's acceptable for you to use multiple identities but castigate others for doing it.

It's a simple enough question isn't it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mozwold wrote:
krakatoa, But why haven't you answered the question about why you think it's acceptable for you to use multiple identities but castigate others for doing it.

don't hold your breath waiting for an answer...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mozwold wrote:

It's a simple enough question isn't it?

Please see this new thread: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2450764#2450764 .It didn't seem appropriate to deal with this here.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
I was oblivious to the tree hole thingies too!

I don't have to worry about junior going into a tree well - he usually hits the trees head on rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I adore skiing through the trees, and it needn't be at all dangerous if you have a reasonable level of skill. Most deaths seem to be caused by tree wells, and are unnecessary tragedies that could be solved by the simple precaution of skiing with a buddy. Most fatal collisions with trees seem to start with an on-piste accident and are due to the high speeds associated with groomed runs.

Very few people actually ski through trees with sufficient speed to cause anything more than embarrasment when the occasional collision happens. If you can stop in an instant, control your turn shape, turn precisely where you choose, control your speed in a confined space, handle rapid acceleration, and side slip in an emergency, you can enjoy trees. All of these are intermediate level skills and a strong technical toolkit is far more important than looking at the white bits instead of the brown bits.

And wear a helmet and goggles. Not because it'll spare you a fatal accident - trees are too immovable for that to work - but because small branches and twigs can really, really hurt if they stick in your eye or in your skull.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
"See tree, Eat tree" is the old rule.

The other rule is watch for Sharky coming round the re from the other direction Shocked
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
philwig wrote:
I wasn't aware multiple identities were allowed here.

How would you actually stop it?

Quote:
Would it not be a good idea to make at least the IP address of posters visible

Most of us have IP addresses that change every time you restart your router. In any case, anybody with a little nous and too much time on their hands can post from alternate IP addresses.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
philwig wrote:
My personal approach to riding trees, and therefore avoiding wells and other hazards, is not to ride through the centre of the space between trees. Instead I ride with my board closer to one tree, the one I'm turning away from. That gives me the maximum amount of space to turn in. Then if I fall, my board slides into the tree I'm riding round. There's no way my head's going in there because my board's in the way. It helps if you have a board which you can slow down without turning.

I have rescued many boarders and skiers from wells - the good news about that is that you've generally plenty of time. I once asked a guy in a tree well if he minded if I complete a photo-shoot before digging him out, and he was fine with that. "Buddy" systems reduce but don't eliminate the risk.

exactly what I do.... heading for the middle of gaps seems a bit weird to me
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonny Jones wrote:
. Most fatal collisions with trees seem to start with an on-piste accident and are due to the high speeds associated with groomed runs.

Very few people actually ski through trees with sufficient speed to cause anything more than embarrasment when the occasional collision happens. .

This.

Trees are great because people are scared of them therefore the closer to the trees you get the more likely you'll find untracked. Density however plays a part and there can be limited joy in fighting against the "luge track" created as multiple users take the same (or only route) through. That's where IMV accidents are most likely to happen. NB when you're skiing pine "brushes" likelihood is that they're just the tops of 6 foot trees. Been tripped a couple of times by those suckers.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ummmm ..... Why on earth would anyone want more than one username?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
foxtrotzulu, not sure who you are referring to. If its fatbob, maybe he's a big guy called Robert who's comfy in his own skin. If its eddiethebus, maybe hes a bus driver called eddie.

thecramps comes from my OH mistakenly waking up in the night to see me (from behind) vigorously rubbing something in my lap. It was my foot, I had cramp, but being a woman she assumed I was knocking one out. Carrying on being a woman, she didn't offer to help, she just went to sleep and quizzed me in the morning. If foxtrotzuluy is better than that I will buy you a pint.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecramps, Comedy Goldsmith is krakatoa..... and verse vica Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thecramps, Laughing Laughing

fatbob isn't called Robert. My username speaks for itself, but these days I'm quite self-disciplined and let many errors pass in the interests of politeness and tolerance. Little Angel Cool
ski holidays
Thornyhill, oh I know that. He should amalgamate and become something else. I have an idea,

"like a nightclub in the morning,
your the bitter end,
like a recently disinfected sh!thouse,
your clean round the bend".

Do you know the rtest of that poem?
latest report
Pedantica wrote:
thecramps, Laughing Laughing

My username speaks for itself, but these days I'm quite self-disciplined and let many errors pass in the interests of politeness and tolerance. Little Angel Cool

Doh!! I spent 5 minutes trying to work out the inverse of vice versa in case you told me off....again wink
snow conditions
thecramps, You're like a dose of scabies
ski holidays
Thornyhill, well it sure as feck isn't verse vica! Laughing
latest report
Thornyhill, I've got you under my skin.

First saw him live supporting Siouxie and the banshees in 1981 ish, utterly fantastic, been a fan since.

So am I right about CG/Krakatoa, or am I being harsh?

PS. Always liked "in the sauna, with his mates, wa$king away unwanted weight" and The pest is very very good.
snow report
Pedantica, nothing works...... you know the way you can do parcark instead of carpark and everyone knows what you mean. It doesn't work with verse...... I mean virce erm v....... ahhhhh - leave it Happy

thecramps, CG/Pompei person is doing the best he can. Give him a break. Mandibular might be good Happy
ski holidays
Thornyhill, okee dokee
latest report
Pedantica wrote:
Thornyhill, well it sure as feck isn't verse vica! Laughing

I didn't think that was your sort of thing at all

http://youtube.com/v/RhgLSFmFRhk
ski holidays
musher, you know what, I think you have a point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing Do people pay money for that? Confused
ski holidays
Pedantica, I've paid for worse Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy