Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking for more info about Elan Waveflex Race SL

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, I am about to buy a new pair of skis. I am looking for a slalom, rather aggresive ski and found a good deal on Elan Waveflex Race SLC (I guess it is 2012). For couple last years, I have skied on Fischer RC4 slalom skies but have no experience with Elan. I have been trying to look for some reviews on the Elan Waveflex Race SLC, but could not really find any. Does anyone here understand what the difference between Elan Waveflex Race SLC / SLR / SLX is? Please, please, if you do, share your knowledge with me Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
escargott, Elan do really, really nice sl race skis ( I have a pair of world cup gsx for gs/super g masters racing)and they tend to be at the more aggressive end of the spectrum. The slx is a full on race ski that will need you to be at the top of your game to handle let alone to really get them cooking but when you do they will rock. The slr look to be slightly more forgiving from reviews that I've seen, not as stiff and a bit easier to handle.The slc is by far the most forgiving of the 3 and in my opinion not even approaching the ball-park of the slx - I think if your any more than a competent intermediate You won't get enough kick out of these. If your after a race ski and are willing to work it go for the slx if price allows, even if you're not quite in tune with them first thing they'll grow on you. Enjoy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks! unfortunately, money is an issue for me right now and getting the slx is out of question. but i will try to look into the slr. thanks again!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SLX are superb...IF, IF you drive them hard.

They are not for doodling around on.

I crave a pair of GSX Waveflex...rare as a rare thing unless you gey them a a very full price. I have never yet found a pair at a price I can pay.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rungsp, If you really are looking for a pair I can give you the name of a supplier, he's not an Elan dealer but has contacts in various race depts. Let me know by pm. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
escargott, elanskisales.co.uk have the 2014 slx for 425£ incl bindings and rungsp, they have the gsx for 445£ - you could also email them and see if they have any older models at the right price. rungsp, they are not who i got mine from so pm if you want details Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks guys, I ended up getting the slc (for $250). i didnt get to ride much last year so having something on the "softer" side might actually work for me.

briand6868, thanks for the offer. i just moved to the us and shipping the skis from the UK would probably cost some more $$.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
escargott, Nice one - enjoy yourself 250$ is a cracking deal Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have skied the WC Elan Waveflex SLs(1.55s) for 4 seasons, they are the business, you won´t be disappointed!
They are definitely not for "doodling around" on, as rungs said.
They are pretty nippy wink I sometimes ski the Atomic WC SLs also, a tad longer 1.58s but I still enjoy going back to the Elans, have fun.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy