Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A lot of last minute bargains???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi dennisp - tell me about it - for the wife and I return flights to Austria (Vienna then an internal to Innsbruck) is £1,250, for a jaunt in a couple of weeks time. Then stick on all the other bits and bobs...

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast being in DXB.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
emwmarine wrote:
I'll stick my head up as well as an appartment owner who rents it out in Val Thorens.

To be honest we tend to get more enquiries when there is a period of perceived poor snow.

There seem to be a lot of significant last minute deals around for Val Thorens still… so whilst it's ok for you with just one apartment to rent out, I guess there are still some businesses there who are not having a great season bookings-wise.

achilles wrote:

Could be that people are just finding skiing less interesting? I am

I think bookings were really good for everyone last year, and we've had a few groups of beginners here this season on their first ever ski holiday; some have already rebooked for next season, others have already rebooked for this season… they've obviously got the bug! So, no, I'm not sure that people are just finding skiing less interesting…!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dennisp - The issue you face with discounting is you are setting a long term trend to solve a short term issue - your discounted price becomes the perceived norm.

As a 'customer' I feel as if waiting for the tour operator / chalet owner to discount their prices is the norm. I can only talk of my own experiences - in many years I have never paid the 'full brochure price' for a catered chalet. I dont wait until the very last minute as I am usually booking for a small group, anywhere between 6-12. But ... if a particular chalet / company / location comes up at a discounted price I will grab it!

yes I am lucky in that our group travels during non peak time so we do always seem to have a good choice - when booking for this month I had several chalets available to choose from, all with excellent discounts off their brochure price - it really did seem a buyers market.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
AsterixTG, dennisp but you guys are on the Dubai tax tickle, can't have it all ways wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy